Lost my cell phone...need a reccommendation

i have an s4 and i like it. its a phone and texting machine, wife has a sony but i like the samsung more.
no data as i have the internet at home :).
2 phone's unlimited texting and 100 minutes of calling , just under 45 bucks taxes in.
phones were free but solo plans are not available

Iphone??? Samsung S7??? I can't even find the Navionics app on my Panasonic cordless phone yet! I just upgraded not that long ago from my land line with the rotary dial for Pete's sake. Are you saying my Panasonic cordless is obsolete already? :confused: :meh:
I think you're saying that you are obsolete @Wave Runner . You connected here via dial-up?

I never thought much about the Edge. I've had my S5 in an Otterbox from Day 1. I don't think the Edge is for me cuz I wouldn't think it would be good in a case. Here's a good comparison of the two.
http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/samsung-galaxy-s7-vs-s7-edge

I could probably switch to Apple tomorrow without issue, except I would need to repurchase a couple of cheaper apps. Here's a side by side comparison of the S7 and the Iphone 6s.
http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/samsung-galaxy-s7-vs-iphone-6s

Any of them will let you take great pictures of fish and post them here on Channel 6-8.

I have an iPhone 6, love it. Very easy to use. The Samsung phones are way more capable than an iPhone will ever be. If you have to learn one, I would go with Samsung unless your family is apple then it's useful to be on the same software level. You will love navionics by the way, especially ice fishing.

absoulutely I am goin to check the Iphone s7 and the samsung S7 edge ...I am goin to the rogers outlet store tomorrow..thanks alot for all the info.. forget the ziplocks...the samsung is apperently waterproof...nice feature and the iphone s7 for the case... the edge is $1000 plus tax to buy out right so i might consider that
Water proof realy dosnt matter when its on the bottom of the lake lol.

The nav app is not compatible with Blackberry, we run iphone, Samsung and Blackberry. That is one phone that is not supported for nav app, just a heads up, carrier does not matter as that is preference.

And I don't even need one of those expensive $80 waterproof bags they were talking about in the other post. All I need is one of those $15 waterproof back packs at Walmart that will easily fit this cell phone. THE WHOLE DEAL IS A BARGAIN! LOL!!!

I have had Blackberry and iPhone 5, 5s and 6. I really like iPhone but don't see a big difference between the iPhone 5 or iPhone6 for what I do. If for any reason you end up looking for a used phone, I have two iPhone 5's with Otter Boxes that are sitting on a shelf at the house as both kids insisted on upgrading to iPhone 6's. PM me if interested. JB

Samsung Galaxy or note is your best bet. They can be had pretty cheap or free when signing up for a 2yr plan. You could also purchase a used phone off kijiji and sign it up to a plan. Just make sure to do the deal at a wireless store to be sure the phone is legit;)

I've had iPhones and they don't compare to the Samsungs for battery life. Don't even think about using an iPhone for ice fishing, battery doesn't last 20mins outside in the cold:(

The navionics app is great, functions exactly like a gps in your boat. I have friends that run a tablet on a ram mount with the app instead of a true GPS;)

Josh

@mick, I was really really late to the smartphone party, but I have the Samsung Galaxy s5 through Rogers and it does everything I need and has a pretty decent camera. It's also water-resistant, which is handy on a boat. The S6 wasn't well reviewed and lacked the waterproof features. The newer Galaxy S7 is much better reviewed and the waterproof stuff was added back to this model. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Family all have iPhones and like them too, but they cost more.

@stomp you finally got a cell phone , what the hell you have text me on it yet haha ............apps

Hey you guys ..I fianally got it done...i picked up my new samsung galaxy S7 in london @ Bell today and got it workin....the best price.. taxes in was $2247 for 24 month plan including the phone

(price to buy the phone was $1015)

$2247-$1015= $1232 /24 =$51.33 a month for 24 months which included unlimited calling nation wide with 1GB of data a month....sound about right....yep they now how to milk ya...thanks for your help

Last edited:
Sounds good @mick !
Congrats after a couple months you may need more data but I'm sure you'll find out if that's enough or not!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks