Looking for recommendations - Bimini Top purchase

zzguffy901

Good morning,

I just bought my first boat this week, 2014 Lund fury xl 1625, but now the wife wants a Bimini for it. Any recommendations on where to get one? I haven’t called any dealers but wasn’t sure if someone had a good site they used to order.

Thanks!

Good morning,

I just bought my first boat this week, 2014 Lund fury xl 1625, but now the wife wants a Bimini for it. Any recommendations on where to get one? I haven’t called any dealers but wasn’t sure if someone had a good site they used to order.

Thanks!
Check out boat covers direct

Dealt with a custom shop the other year just on the south side of extreme marine. I forget the name now. They were awesome to deal with. Wicked product and good price. If you search the forms I’m sure there is a lengthy one where we had all chatted about them and others before. Good luck

Reactions: EOR
Nilestown beside extreme. Excellent custom work and great price. Had complete camper top made for my grew there

Agree with the above comments. They made a travel cover for our new boat last year. Fits perfect and is very well made.

Just for fun I went to Boat Covers Direct

Boat man / model Bimini $598.34
Stainless steel hardware $99.00
Shipping taxes duties $125.00
for a total of $822.34

Custom Bimini (taller) $567.55
SS hardware $99.00
Ship T D $125.00
Total $791.55

Surprising a custom Bimini is less expensive. I'll compare closer to home before I pull the trigger.

I just installed a NORTH EAST HARBOUR bimini from Amazon on my 21'sylvan skipper..1"aluminum tubing w all hardware for 163$ plus tax from Amazon.ca..its 600D
polyester and Im impressed..took me an hour to install w assembly

Attachments

• 20200606_143349.jpg
    20200606_143349.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 96
I second Converta Boat - for price and service. I had a mooring cover - not bimini - but they were great.
Just asking - did you go back to your wife and say - Was that a bikini top you wanted to get for you on the boat, or a bimini for the boat when you are on it?

Good luck with your search.
Cheers,
Balleye

Dealt with a custom shop the other year just on the south side of extreme marine. I forget the name now. They were awesome to deal with. Wicked product and good price. If you search the forms I’m sure there is a lengthy one where we had all chatted about them and others before. Good luck
Joe dale

Depending on where you are... Gary's Custom Marine, 145 George St N, Cambridge, ON N1S 5C3

I didn't plan this very well. LOL

Had the boat at home, didn't pull the trigger.

Sunday, for the first time I had the wife in the boat on Erie for a little tour, no fishing, just for her to see what I go through to go fishing and the toys, oops tools and equipment I use on the boat.

Conditions were fabulous for her first treck and one comment was, "Sitting for hours in this sun can't be good for you, you have to get a Bimini top, no more frying."

I'm on a three week waiting list for a custom top. I urge you to plan better. ?

I didn't plan this very well. LOL

Had the boat at home, didn't pull the trigger.

Sunday, for the first time I had the wife in the boat on Erie for a little tour, no fishing, just for her to see what I go through to go fishing and the toys, oops tools and equipment I use on the boat.

Conditions were fabulous for her first treck and one comment was, "Sitting for hours in this sun can't be good for you, you have to get a Bimini top, no more frying."

I'm on a three week waiting list for a custom top. I urge you to plan better. ?

I have been putting off getting new top etc also. Finally did it and got boat back 2 weeks ago. Set it up in January and glad i did. They had no work when i dropped boat off in march and when i picked up were swamped with work. Seems like everyone decided to get tops done when couldn’t use boat. Lol

Have you checked with Lund Dealer?
I have 2012 Rebel xl sport with full top and it's pretty sweet. Can run just the Bimini, or fully enclosed

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks