Looking for help for gun value?

headedtowater

Hi everyone,

Have had a recent death in the family and he possessed 14 long guns and 8 hand guns. Although I am a hunter and have firearms, a good portion of the collection is military oriented rifles and hand guns. As this is my now sisters estate I am trying to help her out to ensure she is not taken advantage of. Looking if there is someone out there that would be willing to give us a ball park estimate worth on each firearm. I have spoken to both Eli's and Tillsonburg and both have requested us to transfer the firearms to their shops for their viewing and potential purchase. We are not against this but I would like to have some sort of basis to go off of when we start the numbers talk.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

services of a firearm certified appraiser

Last edited:
@Derkd9 PM me and we can chat

thanks

@mick
yes we are going through all the proper channels and have the necessary licenses with friends of the family myself etc. Just looking for a ball park type thing, yes this is worth between 500-700 type thing

If you list the rifles on here I am sure people would be able to give you a ball park value, without seeing condition. You may be able to sell them all to the members! I know myself and my brother have been collecting rifles for a few years now. Another option is to look on gunpost. Search models and find similar condition and caliber to give you an idea. Some of the stuff on gunpost is overpriced, but most is in the ball park.

A member of my hunt gang started gunpost while hunting with us and later moved out to Lethbridge for employment plus hunting opportunities. I highly recommend using gunpost as your gauge for what a firearm is worth. As mentioned above just be aware of some of the over priced stuff while figuring out its approximate value.

About the best spot for gun info

You’ll have to sign up and be active for a short while before you are aloud to use the classified sections.
But I think that’s pretty standard for forums

I am sure some members here would like a chance to purchase some of your items as well

If you decide to use one of the gun forums I agree with the first suggestion as I am a member of both. GUNPOST is much easier to post an add with a picture and the sign up process is also very straight forward. My only word of caution is choose your prices carefully because values have risen drastically over the past year or two. Military rifles have never been my area of expertise on there values but I would be glad to offer my thoughts on values for the handguns if you send me a list and a photo

I would recommend that you keep this weapon as a keepsake, and in 5-10 years sell it at auction for much more money or leave it as a memory.

Sell them before the government takes them all away at a fraction of their worth

I can assume that these weapons that you inherited are very valuable. You are right to try to conduct an independent assessment and find out more about the possible cost of weapons. There will be a lot of people who will try to deceive you and buy them from you cheaper. The above was excellent advice about contacting a firearms appraiser. Or even better, consult several at once to exclude deception and misunderstanding. I have several pistols, but I don't consider myself an expert in this.
I would recommend that you keep this weapon as a keepsake, and in 5-10 years sell it at auction for much more money or leave it as a memory.

__________________________________________________________________________________
https://elementarmament.com/product/glock-19-threaded-barrel-oem/

I can assume that these weapons that you inherited are very valuable. You are right to try to conduct an independent assessment and find out more about the possible cost of weapons. There will be a lot of people who will try to deceive you and buy them from you cheaper. The above was excellent advice about contacting a firearms appraiser. Or even better, consult several at once to exclude deception and misunderstanding. I have several pistols, but I don't consider myself an expert in this.

__________________________________________________________________________________
https://elementarmament.com/product/glock-19-threaded-barrel-oem/
Did you just post so you could say weapons as many times as possible?
Should he not contact a weapons appraiser instead?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks