Looking for glove recomendations

taper

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
One of the items on my sons Christmas list is a pair of cold water/ ice fishing gloves. Any recommendations?

Can you talk him into mitts? I've fished and hunted in extreme cold and mitts are always better. IMO. Hooking minnows with mitts or gloves is pretty tough so I used my hands. When I'm jigging and a fish bites I'd rather drop the gloves then drop the mitts. Throwing hotshots in mitts is easier. If he still wants gloves then sitka has some good reviews on gloves at cabelas. Cold hands sucks so I'm just thinking of his best interest.

Good luck

Something to keep in mind I discovered long ago is that most anything that's 100% waterproof doesn't breathe so is useless. Once your hands sweat inside the gloves they will get cold no matter. Nothing beats Gortex it's 100% waterproof and 100% breathable so if you truly want warm and dry that's the only way to go. Burton makes excellent waterproof/winter gloves and mitts in Gortex. Not cheap but what is good that is cheap, the old saying you get what you pay for usually rings true. Doesn't cost anything to check them out out. :)

Men's Burton [ak] GORE‑TEX Clutch Glove | Burton.com Winter 2021 CA

Last edited:
FXR has some nice looking mitts/ gloves this year. I think Royal Distributing has them in stock. Haven't used the gloves but their other products are reputable.

I have a pair of 100% wool fingerless gloves that are fantastic. You would think your fingers would get cold but they don't. I purchased then in northern Michigan several years ago. Would love to get another pair if I can find them

I grew up ice fishing with hand knitted wool mitts inside of insulated nylon ski doo mitts. Layering is always warmer. Sweat is the enemy ice fishing / late season creek fishing.

Thanks for all the replies. I will check out some of the suggestions.

Cat paws is what I have liked over the years. They currently call them advantage mitts at any arctic cat dealer.

I bought a 23.00 pair of Head Gloves from Costco 2 years ago for ice fishing. Still the warmest gloves I have used. I do use the leather work mitts when pulling the hut out however, from Home depot

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks