Looking for a mud motor

Holmzee

Looking for a mud motor

A friend of mine has the real deal, super low hrs,less than 50 hrs i believe, i can find out and post picture as soon as he gets his lazy azz up, it isn't one of the cheap ones. he might sell whole package on a 16 ft deep V

For sure you need a 10 HP or up ! I have a 16 HP Vanguard engine Go-Devil on a 14 footer with a homemade pop-up blind on it and with two guys and gear it moves along pretty good but longtails aren't built for speed as opposed to hyperdrives they are more like the 4x4's of outboard motors. Whatever you buy always remember to wear a PFD and ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS attach the shut off cord to yourself before starting the unit ! Operating a Longtail is totally different than any other boat/motor combination and "they do not suffer fools lightly" is a good way to sum up the learning curve on them.

BTW; Mine is not for sale at this point in time, so please check out SOS's offer.

Okee Dokee ! First off you should have placed your post in the Classified section under "Wanted" topic then give your requirements . That being said ; You can express your needs. sic. As it stands with the high water and state that the marsh is in do you really think that a mud motor is what you need ? I get it ! They are fun and will take you "where no man has gone before" but before you spend thousands of dollars on a Duck Machine my advice is think long and hard as to how to spend your money. Just saying . There are alternatives ?

You can order one from Canadian Waterfowl supply if you check their web page.
There is also a few kits you can buy that you buy their shaft, prop, all hardware needed and add your own motor wether it be a Honda or a knockoff from TSC or Princess Auto.
High water or low water, will never regret purchasing one as the water fluctuates so much.

I just noticed those yesterday, very innovative design compared to Go-Devil or Mud Buddy. Only drawback I seen is no motor(s) between their 10 HP to 21 HP ? Also like the idea of shopping local as he's located near Oakland.

Not sure if you're still looking but this was posted on the Bass Haven site today.

Have a 2009 23 horse go devil. Works amazing with no issues. Has been tuned up this year by mechanic. Valves adjusted and brand new prop on it. Electric start and pull start. 2500 obo. Don't need to sell but immnot using it anymore. No rush to sell so don't ask if I'll take anything under 2000. Call or text as I'm not on here often. 5198167807

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks