looking for a boat

Walleye

I have a friend looking for a Lund Boat... 17 to 18 feet....tiller...no more than 4 years old. Any help is appreciated.

Clark
ps I told him a steering wheel is good.

Hey Clark.
Great choice in the Lund.
I picked up my boat off " Walleye Central " . The Pro's sell of their boats at this time of the year at great prices.
Just don't let him buy a Crestliner the TRANSOMS FALL OFF .

Mike

Just don't let him buy a Crestliner the TRANSOMS FALL OFF .

Mike

I'd like to hear some info on this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Long story Jammer, I bought a 2005 Crestliner 202 Tournament . In 2008 I found two small cracks in the bottom of the boat. I returned the boat to Minnesota to be repaired. They informed me that they had found some broken welds and had installed additional bracing.
In 2011 the cracks were back.
This time I took the boat to Ron Banks Boat Repair. He explained that I had 18 broken welds. The only thing holding my 250 Verado on was the thin skin of aluminum hull. I tried and tried to get Crestliner to help me out with the cost of the repairs. Final offer from the VP of Crestliner was $1,400.00 .off the price of a new boat. What a joke.
My insurance company finally agreed to pay the $10,000.00 to fix the problem.
The surveyer who look at the damage stated that the boat was not strong enough to take the power of the engine that Crestliner installed.
Ron Banks did an incredible job rebuilding my boat. It runs like a new boat.
Crestliner does not stand behind their boats and their lifetime warranty is worded with lots of get out clauses.

Sorry for the rant but two years later I'm still pissed about the whole thing.

drifter56.

The guy looking for a Lund has a son with a Cresty. Same problem you had.

Clark

I own a Lund 1998 1750 and it has rot on the drivers side dash.I called Lund when I first seen it and they didnt do shit about it.You would think that the best warranty in the business would have offered to replace the wood in my dash with say a plastic piece and keep a Lund customer happy,even if we agreed to split the cost but that wasnt offered.My next boat will be a Starcraft Fishmaster 196 or 2100.Boat companies are so dumb these days with so many fishing forums out there keeping a boat owner happy would cost them a fraction of advertising dollars spent and alot of FREE ADVERTISING from owners of their products.

Tat,
All I asked of them was to meet me half way on the cost of a new hull. At that time I was told that the hull was not able to be made safe. The VP of Crestliner offered me $1400.00 off list price of a new Raptor package.
What an insult.

Clark,
I feel that the reason why they brushed me off was because they didn't want to admit that their design was flawed.

Tcat. I agree that warranty isn't worth much. My fishing partner from Winnipeg had a Lund 1700 Angler. the floor rotted out so he towed it to Steinbach. They tossed him the plywood cutouts and said see you later. He installed them and there you go.
My post wasn't about what boat is better, rather a friend is looking for a Lund and I thank the forum for the advice. Checking Walleye Central tonight.
Cheers, Clark

I bought this Sylvan Pro Troller, it's 1-2 feet smaller than your looking but it's got a 81" beam. Tiller with a Yamaha 40hp and it works good.Sylvan, Starcraft and Smokercraft are all owned by the same company and they all market the same boat. Lund is owned by Mercury so if you want a Yamaha on the back they charge more.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 28
Sold my Lund Mr.Pike 17,rotten transome wood after 5 years of use. I almost lost my kicker in L.S.C. I'm not into who's got the best boat rants either .Just a heads up .

My, advice on buying a used boat , is, that ALL wood rots if you have it around water long enough . Try to find something that was stored indoors in all the seasons . The warranties are only there to draw you in.! The boat companies know this as well and are willing to replace the odd persons rotten wood if they are persistent enough .I cant say much for broken welds , If you stress metal repeatedly it brakes ! I do know that the gauge of aluminum on the Lund boats is heavier then most and that is the main reason I decided to buy one. Hope this helps a little.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks