long pt. S.M.Bass opening day

Blastr

Site Sponsor
At the lake by 6:00 am. and out from the old cut out to the bass grounds, picturess morning with a full boat of family and friends. drifted in front of millionaires in 6 FOW with leaches, slow bite all morning long with the winds calm and the lake flat. we picked up 28 s.m.bass by noon but no bruisers to enter for the derby. the activity on the VHF said it was a tough bite.

Blastr

At the lake by 6:00 am. and out from the old cut out to the bass grounds, picturess morning with a full boat of family and friends. drifted in front of millionaires in 6 FOW with leaches, slow bite all morning long with the winds calm and the lake flat. we picked up 28 s.m.bass by noon but no bruisers to enter for the derby. the activity on the VHF said it was a tough bite.

Blastr
@Blastr nice to see you got into them. Did the same thing, started on the flats and it was a slow bite. Needed a little breeze to pick up so we could drift and cover more area. We went to 8' of water and back to 6' catching bass. Ended the morning with 13 and lost 5. So the day wasn't a wash out and we had enough bass and threw in a bag of perch fillets for fish fry.

Fished all 3 days ( saturday, sunday, monday). did catch limits everyday but had to work hard for it. Usual spots and tatics did not produce well. Biggest bass of weekend was a 19'' largemouth. I just couldnt find the brusier smallmouth around. Lots of jumbo perch hitting the bass lures though, took a dozen home on Saturday alone. Lost a pike that had to be over 40'', stripped all my braid off. One sheephead and one gar pike to round out list. Water temp is warm may have pushed big smallies out already?? Or they are just in early stages of post spawn and not very active

Fished all 3 days ( saturday, sunday, monday). did catch limits everyday but had to work hard for it. Usual spots and tatics did not produce well. Biggest bass of weekend was a 19'' largemouth. I just couldnt find the brusier smallmouth around. Lots of jumbo perch hitting the bass lures though, took a dozen home on Saturday alone. Lost a pike that had to be over 40'', stripped all my braid off. One sheephead and one gar pike to round out list. Water temp is warm may have pushed big smallies out already?? Or they are just in early stages of post spawn and not very active
I found that the temps in and around ec10 area are getting too warm at 78 I think the water temp this time last year was around 74-75, when it started warming up we moved to the east side of pottahawk 10-15 feet of water, hoping to get out tomorrow but won't be able to go where I want to because my boat needs a bigger motor, a 10 hp motor is too small for a 14 ft deep and wide aluminum.

three bouys, good to hear that , time for eyes at burwell now.

Blastr

Iam going to try and get out later this week, work the main channel going out and see whats deeper. Brown baits( goby) outfished all others for me over the weekend. The big jumbos were a nice surprise though!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks