Long Point Guides

Bravo steve good work changing the subject to protect your piacher friend. I know of at least aa couple guys that need their guns and fishing rids confiscated

Hello Guys,

Thankfully the OFAH and the other Provincial Associations have identified this issue as one of five (5) national issues that they have focused on.

If you are not a member of the OFAH then perhaps you should join and support the staff who are looking into this issue for us.

Jerome

Bravo steve good work changing the subject to protect your piacher friend. I know of at least aa couple guys that need their guns and fishing rids confiscated
I dont even know those guys. I just got tired of seeing guys like you complain about stuff that is not your business.

Hello Steve,

If there is something (especially if it is something that is questionable) that affects us as waterfowlers then it is our (their) business to question what is happening.

Jerome
I disagree Jerome, if someone is "poaching" whether it be ducks or whatever else, there are ppl whose job it is to regulate it, and its not the keyboard warriors on this forum.

Furthermore, if someone is hunting the bay further out than allowed, i fail to see how it affects the entire watefowling community......mind your own business and you will be a lot better off.

I disagree Jerome, if someone is "poaching" whether it be ducks or whatever else, there are ppl whose job it is to regulate it, and its not the keyboard warriors on this forum.

Furthermore, if someone is hunting the bay further out than allowed, i fail to see how it affects the entire watefowling community......mind your own business and you will be a lot better off.

So why then does the MNR have a TIP's line to report poaching???

I do find it interesting that Juicebox has not been on this thread since being called out on poaching offences. I do also believe that it is everyone's duty as stewards of our resource to report and question things that are not right. Many of us have devoted our lives to improving conservation and protecting the sports we love. As we all know that the majority of people would take away our rights as hunters if they could. We all need to stand together to show that we are in fact conservationist and stewards of this resource. I know I have devoted almost 20 years to volunteering time to Ducks Unlimited to give back to what I love. It only takes a couple of bad apples to ruin it for others, think about land you once hunted and now not able to because someone else trespassed or left garbage ect. We all need to do our part.
If you do not agree I am ok with that, however, I do believe that most hunters feel the same passion as I do for the outdoors and would like to see our children and their children to continue to enjoy the outdoors.

RT

Last edited:
I agree RT if we waited for CO's to deal with all wildlife thieves (poachers) there would be very little left for legal hunters. There are just too few CO's and sadly less every year. However, it is not just by reporting them that we can have an impact. First I think we need to set a high standard for ourselves when we are afield or on the water. Then I think it is important to speak out when we see anything illegal or immoral going on. Let the perpetrators know it is not OK by your standards and they will be looked down upon, even shunned, by the larger hunting/fishing community. I think this has a much bigger impact than charges and fines in the log run. Its sort of what we are doing on this thread.

So, here's what I think is the technical answer to your question: Long Point's Inner Bay is an internationally significant staging area for migratory waterfowl; that means that a significant number of birds stop at the Inner Bay, eat and build up some body fat before migrating south - giving them a place to rest actually allows them to build up the fat reserves that they need for their travels. Also, creating a giant refuge in the centre of the Bay let's us pick at birds from the edges longer - instead of just blowing them out of the Bay. That is literally how hunting too far into the Bay could impact not only our waterfowling community, but international waterfowling communities. As waterfowlers, this is all of our business, and we are better off trying to keep the bad apples out, like singlemalt said.

Hey
Just a reminder of this guys first post in this thread. Clearly a buddy of the cold water quackers, or maybe a poacher himself?

Sad...
Hey ch312, if you could read, you would have seen an earlier comment about me not knowing those guys at all. Just have a strong dislike of people who gossip and spread negativity, oh and keyboard warriors such as yourself.

The only sad part about this whole thread is your attitude and everyone else like you. Passing judgement on people who you do not know at all, myself included now.

Hey

The only sad part about this whole thread is your attitude and everyone else like you. Passing judgement on people who you do not know at all, myself included now.

No comment or opinion regarding your discussion with ch312, but I do disagree with your position re juiceboxjeffy and passing judgment on people we do not know. I feel pretty confident without ever meeting him that based on his multiple and egregious past game convictions it doesn’t bother him whatsoever to break the law and one would tend to believe he’s apt to do it again...

Hey

Hey ch312, if you could read, you would have seen an earlier comment about me not knowing those guys at all. Just have a strong dislike of people who gossip and spread negativity, oh and keyboard warriors such as yourself.

Do tell, what exactly is a keyboard warrior? Does it mean stomp has to send me some cool armor and a sword?

Have you considered "people like me" might not talk negatively about certain people if they didn't give people a reason to talk negatively about them?

Do tell, what exactly is a keyboard warrior? Does it mean stomp has to send me some cool armor and a sword?

Have you considered "people like me" might not talk negatively about certain people if they didn't give people a reason to talk negatively about them?
Can’t let it go can you....?

Perhaps the Admin can take down the post as it’s been beaten to death already. Many have voiced their opinions and it’s gained nothing.

Move on...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks