Long Point Guides

konrad67

Was thinking of doing a Long Point hunt later this November-and I was wondering if ther are any guides pulling duty at that time of the year that some could recommend.

-edit-
Thanks ‘sonnyuphi’. I forgot for a moment why I slowly stopped posting on online forums.

Last edited:
By Cold Water Quackers - do you mean the guys who hunt illegally in the Bay ? Way more than the legal distance allowed from a weed bed .

With GPS knowing the difference between 300 Meters and 700 is fairly easy. Most also can tell the difference between inside a sign and out.

By the comment that nobody likes a rat and it's only illegal if you get caught I guess that it's OK to kill someone as long as no one tells the police and you don't get caught otherwise .

Conrad67 Jeff Marr from CWQ. If your interested in a quality diver duck hunt from layout boats shooting limits everyday just shooting of redheads and bluebills give me a call or text at 5196307449. Space is very limited we will do our best to find a date for you. As far as the illegal stuff goes, the rule is emergent vegetation not weed beds or the shoreline. We have been stopped out there every year and this year by federal fish and wildlife officers and every year no issues with regards to the guided hunts on the bay. Last year we were handed some fines for hunting a “grey” area and we beat that in court as well. We follow the rules, if you want to join the party find us on social media ColdWaterQuackers or call my phone. Take care and happy hunting !

Conrad67 Jeff Marr from CWQ. If your interested in a quality diver duck hunt from layout boats shooting limits everyday just shooting of redheads and bluebills give me a call or text at 5196307449. Space is very limited we will do our best to find a date for you. As far as the illegal stuff goes, the rule is emergent vegetation not weed beds or the shoreline. We have been stopped out there every year and this year by federal fish and wildlife officers and every year no issues with regards to the guided hunts on the bay. Last year we were handed some fines for hunting a “grey” area and we beat that in court as well. We follow the rules, if you want to join the party find us on social media ColdWaterQuackers or call my phone. Take care and happy hunting !
Getting a JP who doesn't understand the definition of hunting is beating the charge, but it doesn't make it any less poaching.

Getting a JP who doesn't understand the definition of hunting is beating the charge, but it doesn't make it any less poaching.
We are well within legal distances from emergent veg and can any crown navigatable water way including private channels with permission unless posted otherwise.

With GPS knowing the difference between 300 Meters and 700 is fairly easy. Most also can tell the difference between inside a sign and out.
Not from shore from emergent vegetation. Our layout is in the veg or just off the veg it’s not even close to 300. That’s why when you guys call and they come out they don’t even ask or say anything about the distance because they see the grass sticking up all over it’s not even an argument

There is nothing illegal about it. If there was im
pretty sure we would have been charged already. The amount of times people have called on us because they are watching from the road 5kms away and can’t see shit.
Nobody likes a little rat........

And its only illegal if you get caught ?

By the comment that nobody likes a rat and it's only illegal if you get caught I guess that it's OK to kill someone as long as no one tells the police and you don't get caught otherwise .
You
By Cold Water Quackers - do you mean the guys who hunt illegally in the Bay ? Way more than the legal distance allowed from a weed bed .

You might not like what we do but we are not doing anything wrong and we are just getting starting. Next year we will be running the entire month of November. Suck it up buttercup!

you realize that by shooting out where the ducks normally would be resting you guys are messing up hunting for lots of other hunters because the birds won't come up into the Bay if they are getting pounded regularly . Surely there are lots of places to hunt around here like Turkey Point and Pottohawk where you don't have to be any distance from shore . Yes you have beaten charges ( I hear you can't count your limit of fish either ) but the key word here is ethical hunting something you guys seem to have little comprehension of . It always seems to be about the $$$$ with Outfitters . Need to produce lots of shooting = more customers = more $$$$!
I've killed many ducks in my life and haven't been limit obsessed for years and years - it"s about the experience and pleasure of hunting not the killing that matters .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks