Long Point boat launches

Three Bouys

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Well it’s official as of midnight tonight that at least my marina is closed and no boat launch is available. Although, I could put my boat in and leave it in my slip, but I’m not allowed to access to use my boat.
Guess I should of bought a cottage with water access.........but that still only allows immediate family on the boat.

A week ago I took advantage of low fuel prices and pulled the boat out to top up the fuel tank, I stopped the pump at $175.00 @ 265 litres and it gave me 7/8’s of a tank and now god only knows when I’ll be able burn that fuel. There now my boat sits in my shop with ethanol fuel for which it never has had. Not even sure how many containers of Seafoam I’m going to have buy???

On the farming side of things, the farm life is starting to ramp up. The last two weeks the beef cattle have started giving birth. Today we had our second set of twins, bringing newborns up to 9 calves. I’m still bottle feeding one of the first set of twins as the mother has abandoned it but still protects it.
Another flock of 4-5 hr old chicks arrive Monday morning, 22,500 of them. With the temps up and rain stopped the fields have been drying up and so I’ll get on the land to spread manure (4-6 days spreading) and working the land soon.

With this Covid 19 we hear all about businesses, jobs closing down and all the restrictions that has been placed upon us.. There isn’t much said about the farming industry.
For what Im familiar with in the chicken farming and diary farm, I’ll shed a little insight on how they are feeling the impact of this virus. As for the chickens, the eggs are in incubation now with 28,000 chicks scheduled to be shipped on Monday morning. With cut backs handed down we will receive only 22,500.
As for the diary farmer I know very well, he is forced to dump over 8000 litres of milk into the manure pit along with other diary farmers as well. Operating costs still remain the same.

@Duck Soup looks like we won’t be bumping into each other for the spring pike action. Wishing you and Albert stay safe and healthy until we meet again on the waters.
Also @Three Bouys & @stomp just a “side note,” the Spring LPBAA Pike Tournament was going to be won by @Wave Runner & myself @Red Hering this year,but oh well,we will win ????o_O it in the Fall instead,if this COVID 19 will be resolved by then!! Tight lines & Pike ON! ???????

@Red Hering I like the way you think.........Positive Thinking?. You’ll have all summer to get it nailed down on your technique for pike action..........if we ever get our boats in the water. I’ll try to have some Krispy Kreme donuts again?

Also @Three Bouys & @stomp just a “side note,” the Spring LPBAA Pike Tournament was going to be won by @Wave Runner & myself @Red Hering this year,but oh well,we will win ????o_O it in the Fall instead,if this COVID 19 will be resolved by then!! Tight lines & Pike ON! ???????
What's that on the horizon? ? Is it a unicorn? is it a rocket? ? Nope that's just the red wave running out in their boat?‍♀️ to catch pike ?
Lol ???
Good luck to you guys in the tournament

@Red Hering I like the way you think.........Positive Thinking?. You’ll have all summer to get it nailed down on your technique for pike action..........if we ever get our boats in the water. I’ll try to have some Krispy Kreme donuts again?
Hey Jim if weren't for that Krispy Kreme doughnut I wouldn't have taken anything home... thanks buddy! (y) :)

What's that on the horizon? ? Is it a unicorn? is it a rocket? ? Nope that's just the red wave running out in their boat?‍♀️ to catch pike ?
Lol ???
Good luck to you guys in the tournament
LOL ??? @Ticker No luck needed,but a “BIG!! Thanks!!” anyways my friend & “Trophy” ? Pike’s ON!! from the “Red Wave” team!!????????

Thanks for the advice & I Love it!! @Three Bouys!! o_O??? I am just wondering :unsure:though,what will the Krispy Kreme donuts D54186FC-C00F-47AE-89B7-2552B9DA68DF.jpeg be “laced” with the next time!!?? :unsure: A “convenient” close by washroom would also be handy as well,??just in case!! ??LOL!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:???

An update to my first post on this thread. My diary farmer friend had a company come to his farm and processed some his milk for cheese. Not sure how much cheese was made and the amount of milk used. How ever, I was given some fresh white cheese curds that was made and they were the freshest awesome tasting curds I’ve ever ate. Can’t wait to try his cheese.

An update to my first post on this thread. My diary farmer friend had a company come to his farm and processed some his milk for cheese. Not sure how much cheese was made and the amount of milk used. How ever, I was given some fresh white cheese curds that was made and they were the freshest awesome tasting curds I’ve ever ate. Can’t wait to try his cheese.
Sounds great ? @Three Bouys and nothing beats fresh!! ??

They closed the last two on the rvr over night , i am not posting ramp info , there is enough know it alls on this board now days.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks