Long Point Bay

fishin fool

With the winds and rain today do you think the bay will be fishable tomorrow and is the sanctuary over, would like to take my grandson fishing for some panfish.

Next Saturday (june 26th) the sanctuary opens in the bay for the bass opener. If your after some panfish this weekend, I am sure you can find lots in the shallows of the western half of the bay. Sunday looks like less wind but Saturday appears fishable as well.

Next Saturday (june 26th) the sanctuary opens in the bay for the bass opener. If your after some panfish this weekend, I am sure you can find lots in the shallows of the western half of the bay. Sunday looks like less wind but Saturday appears fishable as well.
Thank you for your quick response

Is it fishable for a 5 year old as well
Depends on the size of your boat. But with a west wind and if you launch at marina shores/sandboy/port Rowan harbor and stick right tight in the shallows along the causeway or mouth of big creek there should be next to no waves with that west wind and being protected there. I think it would be no issues with a 5 year old if you stick tight to that western edge of the bay the whole time.

Last edited:
If you include rock bass in your panfish category. There’s lots and their hungry. Plenty of hungry sunfish too

Attachments

• D777D1ED-7550-4031-B980-6A40C9A08514.jpeg
    D777D1ED-7550-4031-B980-6A40C9A08514.jpeg
    300.3 KB · Views: 30
  • AC11BC34-7675-409C-A35B-BDBD85095F79.jpeg
    AC11BC34-7675-409C-A35B-BDBD85095F79.jpeg
    199.9 KB · Views: 29
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks