Long point area fish and game club

Magnum 3

In light of the article of the club possibly taking over the pheasant release , I'm thinking of joining the club . But first I'd like to know ,who to contact , how often , when and where they meet and I guess most important , are they taking new members ? Also , while I have your attention , has anyone seen the paper copies of the 2020 hunting regs released yet . Was in CTC this morning and they said , they got another large shipment of fishing regs but no hunting regs and doubted now they'd get any .

Ask me the next time you're in the store, I'm a member. TC
Sent a message to you at the store about air rifle cleaning ( the bore ) .Was wondering what you used ( someone suggested Lucas LPC ) . What do you use as a solvent/ lube ? And when you take them out to shoot , do you run something thru the bore to remove the lube ... as it may or may not affect accuracy . I plan on using for hunting more than plinking .

Magnum, my BP rifle, (not expensive, and bought used), always threw bullets after first shot or two on a clean bore. No matter how much I cleaned? Asked around at gun shops and was told even though the rifling looked clean, it was shallow due to sabot plastic, and lead build up, and after a couple of shots was NFG?
Tried many different, and expensive plastic and lead solvents, but nothing really worked well. Couple people told me to use WD40 to clean with, then gun oil after to protect barrel.
I am by no way a gun expert, and many say don't go near a firearm with WD40. But I have cleaned this way for a few yrs now, and old smoke pole has never shot better, straighter.

Magnum, my BP rifle, (not expensive, and bought used), always threw bullets after first shot or two on a clean bore. No matter how much I cleaned? Asked around at gun shops and was told even though the rifling looked clean, it was shallow due to sabot plastic, and lead build up, and after a couple of shots was NFG?
Tried many different, and expensive plastic and lead solvents, but nothing really worked well. Couple people told me to use WD40 to clean with, then gun oil after to protect barrel.
I am by no way a gun expert, and many say don't go near a firearm with WD40. But I have cleaned this way for a few yrs now, and old smoke pole has never shot better, straighter.
I'll keep it in mind . The point here really was ... ( and understand ) it's a pellet gun with , no copper fouling , powder etc. issues , so outside of pushing lead or alloy pellets thru one , how aggressive , with what ever solvent do you really have to be . The way I understand it is , you find the most crap in the the barrel , left there from when it's manufactured . And once again , a lot of that probably is based on where it is made and how much money the manufacturer wants to spend ( save a couple bucks and let the owner clean the shavings and crud out ).You see the same in some new firearms and more in some brands over others . The what solvent part , is mainly because its an air rifle , which for me is a horse of a different color . But If I can get away with using a $2 can of this vs a $10 can and it doesn't have water or aggressive cleaning agents , that will destroy my swab its at $15 /3 , I'll take it !.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks