Lobster Question

I said screw it getting hives and a bit itchy is worth it… then I was reminded that next time my throat could close up and I could die so I’m kinda on the fence whether it’s worth it or not 😅
I would try taking some Benadryl right after I ate before giving up

I had the same thing happen with beer when i was working at bravo in the falls as a cook we were givin a staff beer at the end of the night from the drafts and i was trying a few diffrent beers it took a month for me to find out that i was alergic to a 9% beer everytime i had it i would start sneezing insane watery eyes and nose plug solid and driping i thought it was pollen in the air as i drove past the big cenatary on hwy 20 untill my buddy started to notice it was only after drinking that one kind of beer not sure if the seasonal allerges is what is behind it or not but damn it was good beer plus the 9% part
If I had been allergic to beer my 26ft boat would be a 52ft boat!

I would try taking some Benadryl right after I ate before giving up
Or take it before. I'm allergic to a few things that have the same reactions as you describe. If I shoot a deer I take two right away before I climb down and it helps a lot. Otherwise I'm toast.

so if I'm doing two 1.5 pounders, the cook time is for both or each? Silly question but if I do two at a time I don't "double" the cook time do I? We're going to St Thomas to pick up a few today.

It's almost better checking cooking instructions on Stomps rather than going to the internet, all recipes are tested and basically guaranteed results. Thanks to everyone for all your cooking help !!!
If you're cooking them in the same pot at the same time, provided they're roughly the same size, same cooking time for both. If one is bigger than the other, give it a couple more minutes per what I said up there ^^^

I said screw it getting hives and a bit itchy is worth it… then I was reminded that next time my throat could close up and I could die so I’m kinda on the fence whether it’s worth it or not 😅
It's NOT worth it. YES you can/could die from a food allergy that's why restaurants make a point of putting a sign up saying that IF you have a food allergy, let them know before you order that way IF the dish you're ordering has something in it that you are allergic too, they can inform you immediately and you can choose something else that won't make you sick/potentially kill you.

I had wanted to show before and after but by the time I thought about it I was up to my wrists in butter.... they were great, thanks to everyone about their suggestions.

One thing i noticed was the cooking for 8 minutes after returns to boil or 12 minuets from the time you put them in the pot. Turns out to be the same thing. I put them in and started a 12 minuet timer and at almost exactly 8 minuets the two 1.5 pound lobsters had returned to boil. I was using a gas stove 15000 BTU.

this is what was left...lol
1685796058542.png

and we have enough for a nice lobster roll for a snack!!
1685796092706.png

Hives are a nice way of your body telling you there is something wrong whereas Anaphylactic shock is the hard way. I , myself would be booking an appointment with my doctor for allergy testing and optional treatments ? My youngest brother was allergic to bee stings but had shots to help build his immune system to them. It seems to have paid off because a couple of years ago while clearing a trail for the deer hunt he got stung twice but didn't have a reaction. We rushed him to a paramedic station that was five minutes down the road anyways to be on the safe side and he didn't have to use his Epi pen because it didn't warrant it. Antihistamines (Benadryl etc.) are fine for minor allergies but for a severe reaction causing Anaphylatic Shock an Epi Pen (epinephrine) may well save your life or buy you time until the paramedics show up as they can administer oxygen and other drugs to combat anaphylaxis and then you get to ride in the back of the ambulance with a complimentary "light&sound show" thrown in because a trip to the hospital is highly recommended, if not mandatory.

or you can just find some helpful folks to take them off your hands..... just being your best interest......hint....hint....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks