Live well pump problems - need help/advice please

icefisherman

Well it's been a while since I've used your collective wisdom so here is a good one.

Had to remove my live well pump yesterday and found out one of the two spacers is cracked.
See pictures attached. The angle spacers are there to provide extra transom support while the angle compensate the transom angle and allow the pump to be mounted horizontally.
Need ideas of how to solve the problem.

I can think of the following:

1) Try to glue somehow the cracked spacer with some sort of plastic melting glue and use it
2) Try to buy the same exact spacer....went to Attwood's web site. They don't make those exact pumps anymore but found an old installation instruction and they don't show those spacers there. So it might be something custom made/used either by Atwood or by Lund when installing my pump.
3) Try to make myself new spacers using Starboard material, glue two sheets together to get the right thickness (1 1/16") then drill 1" whole, and whole saw the 2" outside diameter, at the end cut diagonally to split the cylinder into two angled spacers....again see pictures....when you put the two spacers together you can see they were made by splitting diagonally one cylinder.
4) Try to find a 2" hard plastic rod I can use to cut, drill and cut diagonally to make two spacers....

Would appreciate your ideas and input on above as well as new ones and places where I can buy material ASAP as I'd like to put the boat back in the waters quickly since those Kings on Lake O. are waiting for me ;-)

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

Attwood's Installation instructions:

http://www.fujiyachts.net/manuals/Attwood%20Aerator%20Pump%20500.pdf

Thanks for your input.

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Just mix up some fiberglass resin and hardener and repair the ones you have. Cheap $5.00 fix.

Emil....I had to reinforce a long intake extension on my new livewell pump using plastic plumbing supplies and epoxy. You simply cannot buy the original replacement parts. I would try to buy a piece of plastic piping that you could cut and fit over the broken collar to reinforce it. If it all fits epoxy it and you should be good to go. Just make sure it still fits into the space on your boat with the collar before using the epoxy.

I will check the box from the pump I put on my starcraft I didn't need those pieces so I might have some I will check after supper.
I just looked its the straight through livewell over flows I have I am pretty sure can-do in burgessville can get them. Give them a call.
boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove and Live Eye Jigs for their support

quote:
Originally posted by SRT8

I will check the box from the pump I put on my starcraft I didn't need those pieces so I might have some I will check after supper.

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove and Live Eye Jigs for their support

Thanks.
Will call them tomorrow, though it will be hard to explain what I need without them seeing those pictures.

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

I believe its called a thru hull adapter on my livewell pump kit I bought last year it was all attwood and they have the full attwood catolog should be able to order it in no problem.have the #'s off the pump handy to might help.

boatnonumbers.jpg

Appreciate it guys...

Here is what use I made of couple hockey pucks (red and black one) and didn't cost me anything ;-)

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

Not perfect as the factory but it just might work...got to try it tomorrow....same size as the original ones...and since it is rubber not plastic it may actually seal better.

Just not sure how will the puck react to the polyuritane sealant??

Any comments on that?

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Well we are Canadian!! Very ingenious Emil. The polyurethane shouldn't hurt the pucks either.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks