Live report Port Burwell today August 25

Thanks for taking me out again Tom. As usual, had a great time. Lots of laughs and put some fish in the boat. It was nice to see that this year, they took the advice I gave them before they left home. They all ate lightly, and they all took some gravol so they didn't end up looking like this>>:sick::sick::sick: again after it went from "lil bit choppy" to "lil bit bumpy."

Next time I run into them on the pier I'll try to work on impressing upon them the finer points of 11 o'clock and "steady pressure" ;)🤪😂😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
define "lil bit bumpy" for us would you please :p ;)
:unsure:Well Gord, for some, anything other than a flat lake would constitute the lake being "a lil bit bumpy." Like most other members of the forum, I'm not one of those people.;)

Today when we went out around 7 this morning, it was about foot and a half to 2 ft waves give or take, but as the wind picked up it became "a lil bit choppy" which meant as Tailfeathers mentioned in the initial post of this thread, about 2 1/2 to 3ft waves.:cool:.

Then the wind picked up again around 11ish, and the lake became a "lil bit bumpy" which today can be defined as being at least 4 footers, :wacky: but it was still building as we made our way in between 12:30-1ish??

I'm not really sure what time we got back, just know I got home with about 45 minutes to spare before my wife got home, so I cleaned the fish I brought home, vacuum sealed it, and had everything including last night's supper dishes done just before she walked in the door and scared the :poop: outta me because I didn't hear her walk in the house and she snuck up on me again.:ROFLMAO:

However, there have been other days (not all that long ago) where "lil bit bumpy" has easily meant at least 5-6 footers ;)🤪 but as I've said to many, regardless of how "bumpy" the lake has been, I have always put fish in the boat when I've been out with Tailfeathers and I always have a good time.

Last edited:
how's the bod feel tonight Trevor???
Beat up and tired. 😣 I'm hurtin a little more than normal, and will be for a couple days probably, but I knew I would be. I always do after fishin, whether that's just fishin on the pier or out with someone in the boat, but aside from the stuff I have to get done around here, I'll have lots of time to recover back to my "normal" tolerances. Won't be fishing for the rest of this week and my wife starts the second of her 3 weeks of vacation time on Friday at the end of her shift so not sure what, if anything, we have planned for next week yet. We may end up in your neck of the woods again.

I fell asleep during the Bruins/Tampa game, after we ate and missed the end of it. Woke up, took a couple pills and I'm sittin here with an ice pack on my back watching the Canucks game until the pills kick in. Might make it to the end of the game, then again, might not. ;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks