Link To O.F.A.H. form to Protest Amendments to Bill C-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

trky chsr

For those who haven't heard yet the Liberals have slipped in amendments to Bill C-21 (handgun "Freeze" bill) which will ban virtually every semi auto centerfire firearm along with numerous 22's (think Cooey 64, Ruger 10/22). The O.F.A.H has a form which you can edit and is linked to all Ontario Senators and members of the Public Safety Committee. Everyone needs to send this in!

For those who haven't heard yet the Liberals have slipped in amendments to Bill C-21 (handgun "Freeze" bill) which will ban virtually every semi auto centerfire firearm along with numerous 22's (think Cooey 64, Ruger 10/22). The O.F.A.H has a form which you can edit and is linked to all Ontario Senators and members of the Public Safety Committee. Everyone needs to send this in!

Done and Done.

Thanks for that. I scanned the new list of prohibited weapons and was shocked to find the Weatherby Mk V bolt action and virtually all of the model variants on the list. Blew my mind. Thats gonna create issues for me. Not sure what makes it different from a Remington 700 or any other bolt action. I think their 460 W Mag cartridge exceeds the allowable foot pounds they put in place so they just banned them all including my 270 and 257s.

Thanks for that. I scanned the new list of prohibited weapons and was shocked to find the Weatherby Mk V bolt action and virtually all of the model variants on the list. Blew my mind. Thats gonna create issues for me. Not sure what makes it different from a Remington 700 or any other bolt action. I think their 460 W Mag cartridge exceeds the allowable foot pounds they put in place so they just banned them all including my 270 and 257s.
No problem. There is no rhyme or reason to any of this. Remember when people were saying " well who needs a handgun anyway"? Here we are. TC

No problem. There is no rhyme or reason to any of this. Remember when people were saying " well who needs a handgun anyway"? Here we are. TC
Yep and we all know where this is heading.
Complete and total disarming they won’t stop until they have all of our muzzle loaders even

NOTE: Due to the overwhelming use of the form, our service provider has shut us down. We apologize for the inconvenience. Our team is working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

I ended up writing my MP directly as the OFAH link was still down. Derk has it correct. This legislation will turn law abiding people into criminals if they do not comply. The same tactic was used in the UK and is underway in Australia and New Zealand. Creeping bans. First handguns, then semi-autos, first the black ones, then all of them including your Remington 1100, and then your 870 and anything that can hold more than 2 shells. Took them over a decade but they pulled it off. Law enforcement out in Saskatchewan told us they wouldn't enforce any of it. RCMP officer we talked to said he was more interested in HOW we were using the guns than what kind. Character over magazine capacity. And then gave us advice on where to find some Sandhill Cranes during the drought conditions we ran into.

Archery equipment especially crossbows will eventually be next. (Archery hunting's cruel and crossbows are as sinister looking as any AR-15) And then fishing will be next as outboard motors are apparently terrible for the environment and fishing's REALLY cruel so double whammy on that one.

Im convinced that what we need are "city rules" and "rural rules" as it relates to these issues. Let 416 go ahead and complete their californication while the rest of us exercise some common sense.

Thanks for sharing Harold, My father told me the same thing growing up with firearm ownership well over 30 plus years ago..and we are 3 generation conservatives here in elgin middlesex farming community..my fathers father my grandfather was top business man in st.thomas..after he served in WW II with his 3 brothers, airforce and boots on the ground..
I don`t forget that exact quote where my dad said our government will make criminals out of law abiding citizens. I valued my parents intelligence with a lifetime of successful accomplishments. When my parents spoke i listened. I wouldnt be where I am today if it werent for them, and It was a tough you make your life right.

I will let my common sense prevail, there is no way I will let the RCMP come knocking on my door. It was just a concidence of ending my hunting career with firearms when my firearm licence expired. And I was too busy with more important things then the renewal application. I sold my last 3 guns, I don`t have to go thru any ban or buyback program.
There has to be government accountability for compensation & restitution and to collect value for my hunting related equipment.

Last edited:
The Federal Government is starting to back pedal due to people speaking up. They are now trying to say that that list was only put out there for public consultation in an attempt to save face(votes). Even the NDP are calling BS on their sneaky game, which is rare indeed.

Why on earth they don't lock up the "bad guys" with guns and throw away the key instead of harassing law abiding taxpaying citizens is beyond me. If the Feds made amendments to the Bill of Rights and Constitution so that those caught with a gun of any type and do not have proof of PAL waive certain rights and automatic sentencing would apply. For instance, if found in possession of an unloaded gun ;5 years , if loaded ; 10 years, if discharged for whatever reason ; 15 years and if discharged while committing an offence 25 years . Needless to say should someone die or be crippled due to such action you will never get out of jail.

I could really not give a crap what colour,sex,religion you are.Do the crime, do the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks