Limits?

B

Big Dave

Did anyone limit on the bay this ice season? Seems it was tough all around.

BD

I think my best day was around 35 keepers this year (and that was for 3 of us)...I did hear of people catching their limits...but who knows if the sizes of all those perch was respectable....I have seen some guys that keep perch so small that I wouldnt even use it for pike bait lol!

I only made one trip to the bay this winter, pretty much sums up how the fishing was that trip.. Cant wait for warmer weather and spring perch fishing!!

DSCF1047.jpg

Big Dave,out of the 7 trips on the Hard Water this past Season,I managed to bring home a limit of 50 Perch on 1 of those trips,("9" & up),and on another trip,about 30 keepers,(also "9" & up).Out of the other 5 trips that I had gone on,I ended up catching enough fish for a meal,on those SLOW days.8DAll in all,I had a great season,and it also gave me a chance to experiment with different Tackle,to figure out on different techniques on how to catch these not too stupid Perch.;)If I ever took this Sport too seriously,it would not be FUN for me anymore.With me it is all about getting out to enjoy the Great Outdoors.Life Is Good.8D

RED FISH

Its all in the experience. I just wondered as I had not seen any limits posted. I cant wait to put the boat in!

BD

quote:
Originally posted by Big Dave

BD

Dave, I limited 4 times this winter. Went downstairs to the freezer on pulled out some perch and some pike and didnt have to go far to get them this time :D:D Thats the closest to ice fishing for me. :D:D

Jim

Way to go Jim, I had a couple of limits like that myself this winter.

BD

Hi all.
Interesting topic.
Limits have changed over the years. I have always found it somewhat funny when my brother-in-law tells me that he caught a limit of lake Trout. That would be two fish. He then brags about a limit of Walleye. That would be four fish. Wow, he caught 2 fish in a day but because it is a limit he is a master.
So if I buy into the limit thing I would be a master Perch guy because I could have kept my limit many times this winter. Now we must speak to the consevation limit. Number one has a conservation licence so she actually did catch a limit several times and I didnt because I have a regular licence.
The limit isnt meant to be a bragging right, it is meant to manage a fishery.
In my humble opinion this winter was a great Ice season. I missed almost all of January due to work issues but I still got out a lot. Twice I was basically skunked but the fishing for me and number one was excellant in the big picture.
I love the Bay and the opportunities it provides.
Cheers, Clark

No limits for me but some enjoyable days anyway...money is tight so I don't see myself out much in the softwater season....

I have definately reached MY LIMIT for snow this season. Enough already and bring on the warm weather so I can prep the boat for a great season!!!!! PS I don't go ice fishing very often. The only ice I like to see is in the bottom of my glass while sitting at the beach way, way down south on a Carribean Island

The most I ever caught in a day was twenty perch, but they were decent keepers. But for me that is a great day. Just getting out on tne ice makes it a success. Huron.

I managed to get my limit 1 day only...That was out of about a dozen outings..& of course I was a loner that day...Days like that are few & far between & thats when 4 guys would have had a ball...I had my best luck out of Old Cut...water was always clear.. even tho some days it gets kinda boring staring at the bottom... all in all I had an enjoyable season...Gota pick up the hut yet,so I'm hoping to get another shot at it...

If Cans r flyin,they will b dyin...

quote:
Originally posted by Three Bouys

quote:
Originally posted by Big Dave

BD

Dave, I limited 4 times this winter. Went downstairs to the freezer on pulled out some perch and some pike and didnt have to go far to get them this time :D:D Thats the closest to ice fishing for me. :D:D

Jim

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks