Lighthouse cove for turkey day weekend

Walter Fishonn

Heading down to lighthouse cove this weekend to try for some musky. In years past have had success both in boat and from shore at the mouth. I have only ever got them casting without much success trolling. As far as musky all I am wondering if anyone has been getting any so far in the river as the winds are making the lake look like a no go.

As I haven't been able to be out on erie for over a month now I am wondering if anyone ever has success targeting anything else at the mouth of the Thames this year. Was thinking of trying some bottom bouncers with wormharness to see if I can get a walleye or two. I have seen folks pull smallies out but I'd likely be looking to troll when not musky fishing as my arm will be dead from throwing my waterwolf swim baits. Any advice or should I just forget the trolling and head In for cold refreshments when not looking for the big guys?

Hope everyone has a great thanksgiving and hope windfinder is wrong!

That ramp at Lighthouse Cove, if it's unchanged from last year, can be murder in the wrong wind... not a damn thing to hold on to or tie up to... you might consider Janette's Creek or prepare accordingly for the Cove ramp @Walter Fishonn

Yeah the cove ramp is sketchy at best of times. Jeanettes has been my go to in the past. Just hopeful there is not much dead fall lurking there

When I was down there at the end of August the lighthouse ramp was completely closed for construction.
Just as a heads up for everyone

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks