Leamington for Sunday and Monday.

Jnorris

Hey guys, I’m new to the site, and fairly new to fishing Erie. A buddy and myself are planning on coming down to fish leamington Sunday morning, staying at sturgeon woods campground, and fishing Monday as well. We have never fished in the area before. Any tips as to where to go out of sturgeon woods to get into the walleye. I’m a salmon guy usually, gonna be fishing riggers and boards. Thanks guys

Sund
Hey guys, I’m new to the site, and fairly new to fishing Erie. A buddy and myself are planning on coming down to fish leamington Sunday morning, staying at sturgeon woods campground, and fishing Monday as well. We have never fished in the area before. Any tips as to where to go out of sturgeon woods to get into the walleye. I’m a salmon guy usually, gonna be fishing riggers and boards. Thanks guys
Sunday doesnt look good cause of the winds but Monday is looking fishable. Just check the lake & use your judgement on what you can handle. Erie blows up quick

Sunday and Monday both look good on Windfinder right now but that can change of course. You can fish along Point Pelee, just go out of Sturgeon woods and turn left, you can fish from there right out to Grubb's reef at the point. If it's bit too choppy along the point especially with a northerly wind, you can make your way over the North shore on the West side of the Leamington harbour and fish from the Water tower west towards kingsville. The fish are thick in there right now and can be caught with bottom boucer/worm harness rigs, inline or snap weights with worm harnesses, or crankbaits. All have been producing but cranks have been the ticket for us lately and are getting the bigger fish (Deep taildancers & Reef Runners are popular). The fish are on the move but I'd target 26-36 fow and I'm sure you'll find lots.

Last edited:
Sunday doesnt look good cause of the winds but Monday is looking fishable. Just check the lake & use your judgement on what you can handle. Erie blows up quick

There's lots of wind sites and they don't all agree of course, but Windfinder looks pretty good for Sunday...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks