Lead Core

patroller

Anyone have a preference for Walleye. Thank. Have down riggers but would like to add more options.

Yes @patroller, I prefer walleye to sheephead, white perch, silver bass, white bass, rock bass, gizzard shad... I guess I prefer walleye to just about anything.

Dont buy clip on boards they are garbage buy a cisco mast and get yourself amish outfitter boards i can run 12 lead line at a time these boards pull so hard. Every charter thats serious about running lead runs these boards. Already boated 100 kings this year running these boards with a full lead program does that speak for itself. I wouldn't run anything else and wont go on anyone elses boat unless they have amish boards and auto pilot

Absolutely nothing wrong with clip on boards. All methods will take fish. Dipseys are probably the quickest and easiest method once you get em dialed in. You could skip the leadcore altogether and just run inline weights on braid. 1-4oz depending where the fish are in the water colum.Make sure you have line counter reels.

Dont listen to anyone who tells u to buy clip ons they havent owned big boards. Id rather snap a fish off and fight it directly then dink around with a planner board while reeling my fish in. Started with small boards 10 years ago would never go back

Clip on boards just fine on a small boat. I agree they are kind of a PIA but they work and are a cheap way to start. 2 clip ons 2 dipsey and 2 downriggers on my 18 footer and that's lots of lines out. I like and dislike something about each system. I'll go any boat that's going fishing don't care if the pilots name is Otto and there are Catholic broads on board.

I caught fish on 5, 6, 7, 8 and 10 colour last year off of Burwell. There was only a few days that 5 and 6 didn't produce as well as the longer lead so I usually went with 5 and 6 instead of reeling in all that extra line. Over the last 2 seasons I've been switching over to micro lead and wouldn't go back. Better fight, less drag in the water and fits on a smaller reel.

Dont buy clip on boards they are garbage buy a cisco mast and get yourself amish outfitter boards i can run 12 lead line at a time these boards pull so hard. Every charter thats serious about running lead runs these boards. Already boated 100 kings this year running these boards with a full lead program does that speak for itself. I wouldn't run anything else and wont go on anyone elses boat unless they have amish boards and auto pilot
No, tells us how you really feel... @Foulhooker :LOL:
With opinions as firm as yours, you must be Dutch.

@HTHM ive owned otter boards, clip ons, rivieras, and seen people fish home mades. Amish boards are the only way to go just trying to save the guy money by not making my mistakes wish i just bought the best from the get go. Only boards i have not seen in person are aurora lites but no need why would u need to pull more than 6 lead lines a side which u can do with amish boards......... i stand firm behind my statement clip on boards SUCK.

@HTHM ive owned otter boards, clip ons, rivieras, and seen people fish home mades. Amish boards are the only way to go just trying to save the guy money by not making my mistakes wish i just bought the best from the get go. Only boards i have not seen in person are aurora lites but no need why would u need to pull more than 6 lead lines a side which u can do with amish boards......... i stand firm behind my statement clip on boards SUCK.
Theres a ton of fish out there! Not everybody wants to run big boards inclulding myself. 2 riggers, 4 divers, 2 boards did well everytime. There is no wright or wrong way. It doesnt really matter with the amount of fish out there. Many dont wanna use leadcore period. Congrats on your 100 kings!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks