Late Afternoon Fish at Glasgow

FMKIRI

Great afternoon for fishing with weather forecast predicting the wind would lay down. Setup in 27 feet of water straight out of port and hooked a 10lbs walleye in first 10 minutes followed by another 6lbs. Kept heading west to 50 fow of water and marked on a few fish all in 10 ft of water column.Turned at 3rd tower and trolled into 30 fow of water and fish on. On the turn got we landed a 11.5lbs monster on 3 colour with purple husky jerk. Great quick little trip landed 9 walleye and a nice silver bass. Black and Gold RRF, watermelon spoons and purple and green huskie jerks did all the damage. Horty ran one worm harness and snagged a 8lbs at the end trolling 2.6 mph.

Attachments

• 20210619_194144.jpg
    20210619_194144.jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 246
  • 20210619_194156.jpg
    20210619_194156.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 233
  • 20210619_194225.jpg
    20210619_194225.jpg
    518.9 KB · Views: 233
  • 20210619_194340.jpg
    20210619_194340.jpg
    453.3 KB · Views: 224
  • 20210619_194450.jpg
    20210619_194450.jpg
    490.2 KB · Views: 253
That’s amazing fishing @FMKIRI and I am surprised that the walleye’s were caught in such shallow water!! You need a bigger cooler!! lol 😂 😉 Also,that’s a good looking hat you are wearing,and “GO HABS GO!!” 👊👊😉👍🙂

Congrats on your catch! I just got back to London from Fishing Port Glasgow this evening. Never put in until around 5 pm and fished to 8:30 PM. A few days ago a great member posted that they did well in deeper water around 73 ft.... if my memory is correct.... so that is were I was headed. Water was really mud colored until you get into the 30+ depth. I started fishing around 50 ft and went out to 65. Marked a ton of non stop fish action on the Hummingbird in the top 20 feet. Marked deeper fish as I went deeper. A beautiful night to be out on the lake. I managed to escape the periodic rain around me. I tried every lure I could think of but the fish seem to have lock jaw for me. I noticed I was the deepest boat this evening. Looks like I "missed the memo". lol My gut said start in 20 ft and go deeper from there....like usual...my gut was right! No fish dinner but a very enjoyable evening and just great to get out! Happy Fathers Day (tomorrow) to all the dads out there! Both the ones that are with us presently and all they great Dad's that are not with us but still took their kids fishing. My dad did and we he passed away I was just 9 years "young" and he was only 57 years of age. But! Tonight he was with me sitting in the front of the boat...just me and him...like the good old days! Happy Fathers Day Dad. You were one of the best and at my 55 years of age now I think about you every time I am out and I am so thankful that you took a kid fishing with you...me.

I noticed a boat way out there...the potential storm keep us in tight but we have had some luck all year. We went out to 50 fow and nothing so headed back in and they were big ones.

Great afternoon for fishing with weather forecast predicting the wind would lay down. Setup in 27 feet of water straight out of port and hooked a 10lbs walleye in first 10 minutes followed by another 6lbs. Kept heading west to 50 fow of water and marked on a few fish all in 10 ft of water column.Turned at 3rd tower and trolled into 30 fow of water and fish on. On the turn got we landed a 11.5lbs monster on 3 colour with purple husky jerk. Great quick little trip landed 9 walleye and a nice silver bass. Black and Gold RRF, watermelon spoons and purple and green huskie jerks did all the damage. Horty ran one worm harness and snagged a 8lbs at the end trolling 2.6 mph.
Nice pics, big fish, Glasgow seems to be the place to go

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks