Last warm day for a while... time for a brisket!

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
@Mrs. Stomp was making space in the freezer this week and made note of an uncooked full packer. With some warm temps still today, it seemed a good time to make another run at a brisket on the Weber. Separated and beautfiully trimmed point and flat went on the barbie shortly after 7. Temps were around 155 @ 12:30, so the meat was wrapped with tin foil and we are Texas Crutching again for a few hours. The last full naked attempt was a little dry, so we're hoping to have a more moist result this time.

Any okra recipes? I was recently informed by a certain someone (@stomp) that he's tired of all the brussels sprouts I've been making. When I asked what vegetable he would prefer, the answer was okra. Here I sit in my kitchen with my bag of fresh okra, doing searches for what to do with it as a side dish to brisket. Found lots of Indian-spiced side dishes but that may not complement the brisket too well. All recommendations welcome!

Nice work on the brisket thats how we do ours on the traeger and according to my meathead cookbook :brb:. For the okra try this from food network its good: Saute 4 smashed garlic cloves in 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat until golden. Add 4 cups okra (halved lengthwise) and 1 small onion (cut into wedges); season with salt and pepper and cook until the okra is tender and bright, 10 to 12 minutes. Add 1 pint halved cherry tomatoes; cook until just bursting, 3 minutes. Finish with a splash of cider vinegar.

Burnt ends sauced and ready to go back on the Q

Attachments

• 20211020_151706.jpg
    20211020_151706.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 13
Nice work on the brisket thats how we do ours on the traeger and according to my meathead cookbook :brb:. For the okra try this from food network its good: Saute 4 smashed garlic cloves in 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat until golden. Add 4 cups okra (halved lengthwise) and 1 small onion (cut into wedges); season with salt and pepper and cook until the okra is tender and bright, 10 to 12 minutes. Add 1 pint halved cherry tomatoes; cook until just bursting, 3 minutes. Finish with a splash of cider vinegar.
@Rodfather I substituted some chopped fresh tomatoes for the cherry tomatoes but otherwise followed your instructions. It was a dish that was easy to prep and great to eat. Thank you!

Consensus was that this brisket turned out the best to date, so I guess we'll be using the Texas Crutch going forward. We may try the butcher paper wrap to see how that works.

Sounds like you have dialed in your brisket @stomp congrats.

Just a comment, my Instagram feed is full of smoker/BBQ recipes etc suggestions right now.

Where were they when it was warm? LOL

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks