Fishing Report last kick at st.williams

SIX-GRAND

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Calm crisp morning to start things off. Crossed the wood plank from shore to good ice then off to the grounds along with at least 25other anglers sunday morning for what is most likely the last kick at LPB ice.
We had Fish under the hut from the 1st minute in till the last minute . Couple hundred fish sorted through to put 58 in the basket20210307_204132.jpg. Much of the catch consisted of 9-10" a hand full of 11"+ fish and a hand full under 9". Brought a 22" pike top side and released. 20mins later my partner hooks the same little devil! was released for a second time and the last time. Went 2/1 on the pike. Other huts near by were also doing well from what I could see and hear throughout the day.

The ice was good winds were down sun was shining & fish were biting. crossed the wood plank from good ice to land with yeller perch in hand.
IT WAS A GRAND 32 DAYS..
20210204_095053.jpg20210304_173443.jpg20210209_191145.jpg20210217_091313.jpg20210220_161134.jpg20210302_180950.jpg20210215_135120.jpg20210221_173252.jpg20210214_181039.jpg

Great season for you bud!!! Your consistent pike action was impressive... Lots of good eats... That knife work is a skill I wish I had...

@SIX-GRAND gets my vote for ice angler of the season, I didn’t get iback out , to many chores piling up around home , my dad and uncle were out they did well also , I did take a spin on my quad in the afternoon just to take a look , I'd guess at least 20 people out , not the best ice season I’ve had but way better than last year lol4AF030DB-C0E9-48DD-B811-D760123569D6.pngDCA0E4D7-0869-4ADB-A01A-EAA6883050C2.jpeg

@SIX-GRAND gets my vote for ice angler of the season, I didn’t get iback out , to many chores piling up around home , my dad and uncle were out they did well also , I did take a spin on my quad in the afternoon just to take a look , I'd guess at least 20 people out , not the best ice season I’ve had but way better than last year lolView attachment 38718View attachment 38719
Thank you kindly for the vote Yakfisherman. I agree with you 100% that this year ice fishing was much better then last year! Lol.
Beauty pike the old fella Is gripping there. Was that yesterdays catch?

I have an image in my mind for next year if there is a follow-up Ice Fishing Season.

Everywhere @SIX-GRAND goes to, and while out on the ice, there will be a fog of additional ice Fisher people buzzing around him.

The image is from cartoons I watched as a kid.

It really is quite amusing. 😁 🤪🤣

We're having a trophy made for you @SIX-GRAND
ice hockey sport GIF by NHL

Still 2 huts sitting way out off of booths , tons of open water today huts were too far out to get a pic , but I’d not be driving out to drag them in , I’ll try to get a pic tomorrow

Nice catch! I wish I could have gone out this year but it was not to be. That's a heck of a nice filleting knife you have in the top photo. What brand is it and does it do the job as well as the other one? TC

Those huts that got left out there will probably not be brought in and hopefully no one hits them while boating this spring

Nice catch! I wish I could have gone out this year but it was not to be. That's a heck of a nice filleting knife you have in the top photo. What brand is it and does it do the job as well as the other one? TC
My partners favorite knife. "Excalibur" from Canadian T.
I have never used it so I Can't say if does any better worst then other. His fillets always are nice & clean so its good in his hands for sure. LOL!
The cheap red handle knife in bottom of picture is ok..not bad at all for a 8-10$ knife. Keep them sharp and they work fine.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks