Largemouth Aug 9

spilliard1

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Got out on the inner bay last night for some buckets. Fished a group of weedbeds from old cut to ec 10. Throwing spinnerbaits cause the wind was howling. Landed 12 largies and 2 small pike. Water temps in the bay are staying down this summer. Last nite it was 74F. Here are a few pics. Unfortunately my fishing partner last nite can't take pics!!

Got out on the inner bay last night for some buckets. Fished a group of weedbeds from old cut to ec 10. Throwing spinnerbaits cause the wind was howling. Landed 12 largies and 2 small pike. Water temps in the bay are staying down this summer. Last nite it was 74F. Here are a few pics. Unfortunately my fishing partner last nite can't take pics!!

I'm heading up there tonight just wondering were abouts you were or if you could direct me. Thanks

If you go to ec 10 and then head towards millionaires (south) you'll run into a huge area of weeds that should be visible from the surface. That's a great place to start!

What colour spinnerbaits and blades were you using........ I was out this morning and couldn't get a take on Spinners but I was working the weeds in the inner bay in my canoe out front of Big Creek so not same area. We saw lots and hooked a couple on top water but not much of a bite this morning...... good job last night and thanks for posting the pics!

BluNsr, I usually start with white/char. spinnerbaits. I like double Colorado blades. They give off more thump and can be slow rolled easier. However willows works fine too and just keep throwing different colours until you find whats working.

Well I didn't have any luck last night, I'm going to try again next weekend but I was thinking about launching from turnkey point and heading west into the bay. I was thinking about launching from the MacDonald marina

Last edited:
Thanks Spillard- I was chucking a Chartruese with Colorado blade and my son was throwing a white one with silver willow leaf blades but no luck - oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes. It was still a great paddle around the inner bay weeds in the canoe on a beauty Saturday morning- haven't done that in a while- sometimes when the boats in the shop it gets you outside your comfort zone- great way t try new tactics.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks