Off Topic Lake St. Clair Musky

PlanB

Anyone on this forum fish St. Clair for musky? My family tickets for eyes is full in the freezer so thought I would go there tomorrow. Any tips would be appreciate, usual musky forums are super quiet, this one is always good for advice! I have the gear buts it’s been 3 years since I’ve been down there!

Anyone on this forum fish St. Clair for musky? My family tickets for eyes is full in the freezer so thought I would go there tomorrow. Any tips would be appreciate, usual musky forums are super quiet, this one is always good for advice! I have the gear buts it’s been 3 years since I’ve been down there!
Right now at “the wall” is a great time to slam some pigs. If you head out of the mouth of the Thames.. about 2-3 miles north, close to the east shore, in Navionics you will see a long stretching underwater wall that drops from 6 feet to 12/14 feet. It’s distinct on navionics or your mapping.

if you troll (I don’t). Troll the outside of the Wall up and down.
If you cast… cast away from shore and bring the lure in.
Keep a laser-eye out for “follows” and always complete a figure-8 or 2 at boatside

this time of year Shadzillas in white or bright tigers-stripe work well in daytime. You can always chuck number 8 blades or 10’s if you had your wheateas that day.

fast retrieves are by far the best… always figure 8 if casting. Be ready for a 50 incher charging from under the boat or side as that will put you on your ass fast if you aren’t ready for it.

this time of year.. reviving a musky properly is a MUST! The warm water and the fight to the death warrants nursing them back to health. Spend the time

bring a BIG net, jaw spreaders and bolt cutters if you need to cut a big hook out if it’s hooked deeply. Remove the cut of pieces if you can.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips I have fished the wall before and will head there first thing. I’ve got casting and trolling gear will try both!

Over the years I always had great luck on LSC using Drifter Muskie Stalker lures especially in the Nine Dollar Bass colour which they apparently don't make them in anymore. The top brown one is the Nine Dollar bass colour.
1628257109895.png

I am fishing out of Lighthouse Cove this week, I have a cottage there. I have been having luck by the sail boat bouy to the west of us. When you come out of Thames, at second last channel marker, take a heading of 315 on your compass. About 2 miles. Then head west. 16-18 feet. Last couple days I have a 42, 47 and a 44 tiger. All trolling pikers. Trolling 3.2-3.6 and zig zagging to add action.

Attachments

• 479AD9BF-80E1-4122-8DF0-B9FC6C78C888.jpeg
    479AD9BF-80E1-4122-8DF0-B9FC6C78C888.jpeg
    293.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 6C3CE1FF-DBDD-47A1-9ED1-F3BA56A1C4BB.jpeg
    6C3CE1FF-DBDD-47A1-9ED1-F3BA56A1C4BB.jpeg
    276.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 267B9C1F-A4E1-4C57-8C20-02D74EECE0EB.jpeg
    267B9C1F-A4E1-4C57-8C20-02D74EECE0EB.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 27
Had a tough day! Spent 5 hours trolling the fingers and sail boat bouy! a few boats in the same area including rampage charters. Went to Bradley hunt camp area with the southwest winds thought it might be good, no luck. Spoke with Drifters 2 charter guy as we launched, suggested the same areas. Wind blew up pretty good around noon with some 3 footers but very fishable, boards were getting airborne. 2 knock offs only no fish to the boat! Marked a few but couldn’t get them to bite. I don’t have a lot of musky lures maybe 15 or 20 ran them all, with weight, without weights! Still a nice day good company and fresh air, but that’s what we all say when we get skunked!!!😃

P.S. saw a guy “magnet fishing“ from the shore going in! My fishing partner was saying you can get unexplored munitions doing that! I’m wondering why you would want to do that! Must be another reason!

Had a tough day! Spent 5 hours trolling the fingers and sail boat bouy! a few boats in the same area including rampage charters. Went to Bradley hunt camp area with the southwest winds thought it might be good, no luck. Spoke with Drifters 2 charter guy as we launched, suggested the same areas. Wind blew up pretty good around noon with some 3 footers but very fishable, boards were getting airborne. 2 knock offs only no fish to the boat! Marked a few but couldn’t get them to bite. I don’t have a lot of musky lures maybe 15 or 20 ran them all, with weight, without weights! Still a nice day good company and fresh air, but that’s what we all say when we get skunked!!!😃
I have had plenty of those days.

P.S. saw a guy “magnet fishing“ from the shore going in! My fishing partner was saying you can get unexplored munitions doing that! I’m wondering why you would want to do that! Must be another reason!
I lost a st.Croix “sling blade” with a Shimano Calcutta conquest 401 reel on it there! If he brings that rod up, he’s a happy camper! Lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks