Lake Ontario Tips

Matt245

Heading up to Lake O Friday and was wondering where the best place to launch is this time of year, and maybe a depth to start at, Thanks!

Heading up to Lake O Friday and was wondering where the best place to launch is this time of year, and maybe a depth to start at, Thanks!
Check spoon pullers south shore reports
Lots of good info there
I would start anywhere from Hamilton to Jordan pending on winds
50'-120' fow
I have not been out yet this season yet
But soon I hope

Went out of fisherman’s pier last Sunday, picked up 3 kings. Probably closest ramp for you. I like this ramp location. You are fishing within 10 mins of getting boat in water. Ramp fee $15. Head straight out start in 50 fow and go east.

I fished out of St Catharines last Fri and did very well. We went 12-15 by 10am. Most of fish came off riggers down 75' in 97-120 fow. Fish were anywhere between 4 and 23lbs. Hottest lure was an NK Mag glow. We did get some on meat and 1 off a fly on Dipseys. We were fishing around the ships waiting to get up canal straight out from Dalhousie.

Hope this helps.

Tight Lines
RT

Fishing is decent from Niagara Bar all the way to Bomanville... Pick your favorite port and have at it...

I was out last Saturday in Burlington before the shell pier. Got 5-8 all off the cheater lines. Ball was at 60 feet over 90-110 fow. Mix Veggie NK 28 was the hot lure.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks