lake o info needed

binkley

I am looking to go to lake ontario for some salmon on mon. aug 1
we are hoping to out of bronte or hamilton looking for some info on where to start depth wise and how deep to fish
I have only got dipseys and torpedo weights any info would be of great help . I have 5" and 3.5" spoons already green, purple, pink. orange. colours. thanks Lee

keepen'er afloat is always better than sinkin.

Sorry for first one.
I launch at Fisherman's Pier (under lift bridge) and head East out of channel till I hit 120 feet. Usually drop lines there, set at 30 and 50 feet deep. Usually start with a dark lure and silver lure to till I can figure what is working. i troll towards Bronte heading shallower or deeper till I get a strike.

try this site has lots of good info about lake o

http://spoonpullers.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=NorthShoreReports

just wondering if you can give me the directions to the launch at fishermans pier I will be coming from the brantford way of the 403 thanks Lee

lake o info - started in 115 feet of water - out to 165 . down 40-60 - 75 feet . ran green spinny & glow green fly green j-plug 30 foot lead on fly 60 ft lead on j-plug took 7 salmon . ran out to 325 feet looking for bows caught two more salmon on sliders no bows. missed two at 325. went out of pt. credit set-up by 630 in by 1. had a great day, fish went from 7 to 23 lbs.

quote:
Originally posted by binkley

just wondering if you can give me the directions to the launch at fishermans pier I will be coming from the brantford way of the 403 thanks Lee

Take the 403 to Niagra cut off. North Shore Boulavard. Once you cross the lift bridge Fisherman's Pier launch is there on your right.

You want to get on Eastport Drive not North Shore. When on 403 from Hamilton stay in middle lane and it will take you right onto Eastport Dr, over liftbridge and Fisherman's Pier is first right.

Try blue/silver williams wablers. I had alot of success with them behind dipsey's on #3 85 to 120ft back. Larger fish are deeper, run riggers 50 to 90ft.

Fish Hard, Fish Often, Keep it Reel...J

thanks for the info I have no riggers so it is dipseys and torpedo weights. I have the info for the launce ready to go exept it is on sunday now I have to work on mon. will let everone know how i do lets hope for the best

Check out Spoonpullers board before you head out, the north shore report section. Action has been very good. Get your self a Spin Doctor and Fly to set up on your dipsy. can be deadly. Listen to the vhf radio to see what is happening. Be sure to run a cheater line, the rainbows love them.

well the day was great only caught 2 fish about a 16" chinook shaker and a 12 to 15 lb bow fished from shell pier at a bout 1 mile west of bronte anywhere from 89 to 211 fow got the fish a double in 155 down 35 on the dipsey purple was the colour of the day 5" dino egg knockout for the bow and a really deep purple with spots 5" knockout for the chinny.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks