Lake Nipissing - Week of Aug 1st

G.Mech

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Our family spent the week at the cottage on Callendar Bay with our friends the Smith family from Texas. Walleye fishing was good as always and my son & I boated over 80 'eyes in 5 outings. There are lots of small walleye in the lake which is a good sign for the future as well as a few over the slot size too.

IMG_1726.jpg

We kept enough for a couple of fish fries and set the rest free. There were also a few "blue walleye" in the mix again.

IMG_1736.jpg

We were also lucky to spend a couple of days with Dan Colomby from Nipissing Muskies who is a very interesting guy and awesome charter operator. Texas Collin managed a 43 incher the first morning which was a real thrill. If you are ever looking for a professional musky charter on Nipissing or any nearby lakes, you will not find a better guide than Dan: http://nipissingmuskies.com/

As usual, we always seem to run across someone doing something stupid and here is a photo of this year's candidate. He was fishing all morning with 3 rods in front of a bunch of boats and really didn't seem to care if anyone noticed or not.

Lovely first picture of Dave with good size eye...every time I fish for them on Nipissing I seem to get the ones in the slot :0so good for you getting that good line up in the second shot.
And the muski sure looks good too:D

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Take that picture of the guy in the boat and call the MNR! Do you have a pic with the registration #of the vessel? They WILL do something about these idiots! Unfortunately the ministry can not be everywhere and requires OUR help to look after the resource. Save the tips # in your cell phone and USE IT! 1-877-TIPS-MNR (847-7667)

Josh

I have the number in my phone and was seriously thinking about reporting him. Instead, I e-mailed all the photos to the camp who rented him the boat (I blocked out the name in the photo). They replied back very quickly and have dealt with the guy themselves. The Cottage Owner's Association funds the fish restocking programs in Nipissing and take this stuff very seriously.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks