Fishing Report Lake Huron No-Smackdown

vmuravin

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Grand Bend, rode half way south to Port Franks to about 60 fow. 10 min after finished setting up the planers trio on one side of the boat (100/150/200 WS), the 100WS screamed like salmon and ran towards the boat, and tangled all 3 of the WS setups.

I came up with all possible curses in all possible languages I speak while I was untangling them for about 20 min, 1 of the setups probably would need a change now, too many twists but I may use it for a few more outings... I suppose Lake Huron felt a little bad for me so it let me have the fish - a beauty rainbow, and a very nice size. I did not weight it, but it was in the 8-10 lb range. It had the orange Moonshine spoon's hook deep enough to drag him for hours. I put more 100 WS to the other side, and the rest was a similar setup to last outing.

That rainbow was the highest moment of the day, from there everything mostly sucked for hours. Just one big F nothing. The wind was over, the lake was flat like a milk - the meteorologists played us again, nothing like the prognosed 10-18 km/h wind, nothing, just a beautiful flat lake with ocean-like water.

I kept hitting one particular area about 1 km long with enough marks on the bottom in about 62-65 fow, where temp was 46, but already 54-55 35-40ft down for hours (and 48-49 35-40ft down once I get out of this area). All possible depth I could think we covered, all possible spoons were deployed and changed hourly. There were 2 or 3 boats deeper, but I decided not to go there. Basically, we had a very similar screen marks and we circled around roughly the same area we have been last time, 58-65 fow.

As I was about to say F it and let’s go home, one of the riggers I was dragging on the bottom (SWR) finally started to nod, so I pulled it - a pickerel, ~3lb. Then I threw all I had to the bottom or close to the bottom, i.e. 10-color lead core, 300WS, and stacked 2 riggers on each side with SWR and another very-very long mono lead so that both will run on the bottom. There were several tangles due to the riggers stacked very close, but after several more hours of this torture we pulled 4 more pickerel from the bottom, all very nice eater size, at least 3 lb. Then I said enough is enough we are going home, and an SWR rigger pulled a coho of the bottom.

Still like Lake Huron and want to keep coming back, need to get better in this sh*t :)

The end.

1624028032176.png

1624028047392.png

Last edited:
Doesn't sound like a bad day, other than being very frustrated, good eating size eyes & one very good size rainbow, better than the last time I was out, got nothing but BUGS!!
Better days ahead!!

@newbe72 you forgot to mention 1 coho ;) what do you mean by "better days ahead"? The season warms up fishing-wise later on? I wish I knew a little more

Sounds like they have moved on. Same number of fish but alot more water to cover.
This is when the wpt button gets hit alot .Troll to you get a hit or mark something hit a wpt work that area move on . If you are bottom bouncing watch out for nets This time of year you never know what you will catch Have caught lakers, coho ,rainbow, walleye and the odd king all in the same day

Well I did speak with a gentleman whose words I trust and he said last week has been a disaster for fishing. I suspect next trip would be to either Goderich or Bayfield... But not before I take a payback this weekend since my senior fishing buddy would like to hit Lake O :LOL:

Well a friend of mine said Lady H is like that hot girl in college. She doesn't put out much but when she does it's amazing. Your gonna have to put your time in though.

Lady O might be the opposite. She isn't pretty but puts out all the time?

Thanks for the report. 👍

Well a friend of mine said Lady H is like that hot girl in college. She doesn't put out much but when she does it's amazing. Your gonna have to put your time in though.

Lady O might be the opposite. She isn't pretty but puts out all the time?

Thanks for the report. 👍
Very true @Rock about Lake Huron especially about putting your time in on that lake!! Been there & done that a few times,but fish or no fish,it’s always great to be fishing!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks