Fishing Report Lake Gowganda

poconokidII

Left Friday 4am, got to Gowganda Lake Lodge got ice, booze and bait,,,settled in to my buddies cottage, had a bite to eat and went out fishing,,,we caught 13 pics between 3 of us on my boat, tossed 1 back..back to cottage for a few cocktails and a nice fish fry,,,saturday was cold and windy, tougher fishing manged 6 pics,,, nasty rain and hail with strong winds,,,went out sunday morning very cold and wet,,,managed 3 pics,,,,went back for late lunch,,,,sat and watched the weather on lake very nasty,,,,by 6pm it cleared up so just my buddy and I went out the other guys stayed in,,,, glad we did go out , it was our best time,, we fished from 6:30 - 9:30 and caught 14 pics,,,awesome nite,,,got back to cottage other guys were in the bag,,lol,,we had a nice fish and chip late dinner,,,biggest pic was 20 incher rest were all good eater size,,water temp was 62, depth we fished was 6-12 fow,,,,hook and split shot with minnows or worms did the damage..

Attachments

• IMG_0449.jpg
    IMG_0449.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0455.jpg
    IMG_0455.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0462.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 137
Left Friday 4am, got to Gowganda Lake Lodge got ice, booze and bait,,,settled in to my buddies cottage, had a bite to eat and went out fishing,,,we caught 13 pics between 3 of us on my boat, tossed 1 back..back to cottage for a few cocktails and a nice fish fry,,,saturday was cold and windy, tougher fishing manged 6 pics,,, nasty rain and hail with strong winds,,,went out sunday morning very cold and wet,,,managed 3 pics,,,,went back for late lunch,,,,sat and watched the weather on lake very nasty,,,,by 6pm it cleared up so just my buddy and I went out the other guys stayed in,,,, glad we did go out , it was our best time,, we fished from 6:30 - 9:30 and caught 14 pics,,,awesome nite,,,got back to cottage other guys were in the bag,,lol,,we had a nice fish and chip late dinner,,,biggest pic was 20 incher rest were all good eater size,,water temp was 62, depth we fished was 6-12 fow,,,,hook and split shot with minnows or worms did the damage..
Excellent photo’s & post @poconokidII ??and well worth the trip for just a few days!! Those walleye’s must of tasted fantastic!!? Now for you likely soon to focus on the Lake Erie walleye fishing,but you will need to fish deeper than 6 to 12 fow. lol:ROFLMAO: ;) Thanks for sharing your fishing trip & tight lines & walleye’s ON!!????:)

thx @murph , @Red Hering , @Wave Runner yes those pickerel (CCC) were delicious caught cleaned and cooked.... yes I will be targeting the Walleye soon..you see my thumb up in the one picture for a tribute to you there @Red Hering lol...
I did right away @poconokidII your “thumb up” ? and in the first photo & all!! ? & Thanks!! ?;) That’s Very Classy!!o_O & it brought back memories from the London Boat & Fishing Show,this past February,2020,when we first met & officially did the “Thumbs Up.” D1C03B29-F857-4C2C-B053-5EC63ABE4979.jpeg
??;):) I am going to be fishing for pike & perch on long point bay with a friend out of his boat later this week,& once the walleye’s show up more consistently in the eastern basin of Lake Erie,I will be fishing for walleye’s next.Perhaps we could meet up somewhere on the eastern part of Lake Erie this year,once the walleye’s become more abundant there & tight lines!!????:cool:

Last edited:
sounds good there @Red Hering ,,, I will be targeting perch (if I can find any) for the next bit, might go out of Burwell tomorrow but a strong SW wind could put a dampner on the day,,,as soon as the pics show up in good numbers I will be targeting them,,, yes it would be great to meet up and do a fish sometime,,cheers,,stay in touch,,

@DaveJ we were the only boat n the lake all weekend, so no fishing pressure at all,, maybe a good thing too with all the spawning fish doing their thing,, all the fish we caught were males,,, we fished up the river all weekend even caught a few pics in the rapids,,,cheers..

I think we were quite a bit later and most all the fish had dropped back. We had some small males still up in the south arm we fished but took a while to find the larger fish..they were on shoals off points in deeper water. Once we found them we got some nicer fish but we worked for them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks