Lake Erie smashfest

Andy renneberg

Went out for the morning bite Sunday the fishing was just absolutely insane. Had all the rods in by 6 am started trolling within 5 minutes had two rods go off big laker and big bow. From then on it didn't stop all day no time for piss breaks nothing we ended up 72/77 all lake trout few bows and a salmon. One for the books forsure never experienced fishing like this before out there was just insane. Here's some of the better fish enjoy

Will the lakers survive if they are brought up from deeper then 30 ft of water when released ?

Will the lakers survive if they are brought up from deeper then 30 ft of water when released ?
Last year I was only able to release like half the ones I caught. I had issues with their bladders blowing. I found it helped somewhat but still wasn’t perfect if I netted them and removed the hooks without lifting them out of the water

Lakers are one of the best fish for releasing after being caught deep. They are able to self regulate their air bladders.

good job..ya you can add new moon (June 21) to your record book..
sure happy to fish the day after and hammer the pics June 22 am..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks