Off Topic Knowledgable Electronics Sales

Tboz

Hello everyone. I need / want to purchase a new fish finder for my boat. Ive been to the big box stores and they really dont seam to understand the tech very well. Im looking for help finding someone who actually uses the tech and can be helpful selecting what i need.

Any help appreciated.

TBOZ

No better place in Southern Ontario to go than to Angling Outfitters in Woodstock!!! Jos, Bosco and the gang are a wealth of knowledge and will not only help you now at the time of you figuring out the best setup for your fishing style but down the road after you purchase, have questions or need to update (they also don't charge to do updates like some stores do!).

If you decide to visit AO make sure you don't have any appointments booked after. Jos sometimes has lineups of people waiting to talk to him. Lots to check out in the store. So you won't get bored waiting lol.

Best thing with Jos, is if you have one of your kids with you, he might/will tell this you is too complicated for you and talk to your kid. :D:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Absolutely love that about Jos. 😁

Yes AO is a supperfantastic store. My favourite tackle store. Jos is so full of info, if you are not in that area another place is in toronto called radio world, all they sell is electronics..very knowledgable..

Angling Outfitters is the place to go for electronics. Just make sure "you are listening" while Jos tells you everything you will need to know. I on the other hand like to mess with his head by making him repeat things. Ask him completely unrelated questions. When he tells stories about bass fishing with Wayne Izumi, I'll interrupt him and say who? Never heard of the guy? Isn't he a horse jockey or a poker tournament player?

The added plus with Angling Outfitters is if you have any issues after purchasing anything, the staff in there will help you out with any further questions or guidance on how to use your electronics in store or sometimes if Jos doesn't have a lineup waiting for him over the phone.

I’m not a fan of any of the retailers selling electronics for boats in the area, they are all too busy, and only interested in making a sale quickly.
My best advice, is do your home work. Go to all the local stores, take their advice and research each option online and ask questions on the forums, call the store back with questions, See if they still have time to talk to you.... do not buy the first best option someone shows you, pay attention to the maps that come with it, pay attention to what other accessories it talks to such as trolling motors, vhf, downriggers, fish hawk. And think about future upgrades like auto pilot or radar. Electronics are a big investment. And the choices you make now will affect the choice you have in a year or two from now

Don't forget about RadioWorld... often has the best stock, especially when it comes to all the various parts and accessories.

Angling Outfitters is the place to go for electronics. Just make sure "you are listening" while Jos tells you everything you will need to know. I on the other hand like to mess with his head by making him repeat things. Ask him completely unrelated questions. When he tells stories about bass fishing with Wayne Izumi, I'll interrupt him and say who? Never heard of the guy? Isn't he a horse jockey or a poker tournament player?

The added plus with Angling Outfitters is if you have any issues after purchasing anything, the staff in there will help you out with any further questions or guidance on how to use your electronics in store or sometimes if Jos doesn't have a lineup waiting for him over the phone.
Certainly not my experience with angling outfitters.
In fact it’s very much the opposite.
They sold me a simrad Go9, never bothered to mention the maps need to be upgraded... did tell me that I was eligible for a rebate from simrad... that claim was denied.... I called asked to speak with someone who knows how to fix the maps, was told they didn’t have time, went in, was looking at buying a new reel and lead core, a scale and various stuff... was faced with a back log of other people trying to check out, physical Distancing is impossible in that store. They are under staffed, and overwhelmed. I doubt I will give the a 4th shot.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks