knock out spoons - best size for eyes

Rob V

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Planning to pick some of these up - what's everyone's experience been with best size and color for eyes on erie?

thanks

Go with the Punch size. I think it is the best size representation for the forage walleye and rainbows are feeding on. Colours? My faves are antifreeze, purple pete, Sprite, Nascar and Angel tears.

yep 3.5" will be the best for erie. colours that area great also include pink panties, greasy chicken, killer ants, sprite, if you have the money get them in both silver and copper backs.

keepen'er afloat is always better than sinkin.

I have found the copper backs are producing better then the silver this year ..........................apps

copper for sure. copper backed wonderbread is my favourite spoon. i've been told to change all the hooks as soon as you get them, also told they were dealing with that issue.
I've forgoten to change a few and have no issues, but i was warned to change them out.

Thanks guys - great help - (sounds like all the colors work !!)

Onmedic - Were the hooks that came with them substandard ?

thats the rumour, like i said, i do have some swapped out but others forgot or never got around to it, have had no problems but its the only gripe i've heard, that and they don't troll under 2.0 mph well, but who does that really? Not an issue for me. 2.3 or 2.5 slowest i've gone this year, caught fish so worked well in that range.

Just saw yesterday that angling outfitters have knock out on sale 6 for 20 bucks. Such a good deal i thought that i bought 6 and dont have a trolling boat yet:D

just got back from angling outfitters with a dozen of them - some of the more popular colors are hard to find but i think i've got a start. I forgot to ask there - but they don't come with split rings - do you guys add them ?

i haven't been. was told not too. Not sure if thats wright or wrong but its working. beating the heck out of the end of the spoon though with the pig tail swivels i use.

won the contest last year have a sh*t load of lures yes i have changed the hooks and all ive done is added a snap swevel to them .trust me its working and the copper backs are killers. should i say (jerry lee).a contest winner and a proud advertiser,or promoter,for these lures. they DOOOOOOO work.FIND your colour and reel them in.wooooooooo. thanks KNOCK OUT.:D:D:D

fair enough -no split rings it is - hopefully get an opportunity to give them a try tomorrow !

no word of a lie nothing to hide try to run 2snap swelves together it works more action. no ****.oops sorry.try it dont be afraid to add 3 just a different wabbel.:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks