Kettle Point Lake Huron

rastam4n

Site Sponsor
R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I spent the day out there, started late morning as I had some last minute preparations to do, ended the day with just one Coho. Already ate him up... yummy!
What an amazing day on the water. download.pngdownload (3).pngdownload (1).pngdownload (2).png

Nice fish, thanks for sharing.
Never been lake H, hope can go some day.
BTW, what is the fow? if you don't mind.

Sure. Today I fished 29’ to 54’ but only because that was where the right clarity was. Don’t get too caught up in FOW in the spring. Hunt warm spots in clearer water.

@vmuravin there are 4 spots locally,
Kettle Point - R & R Marina
Port Franks - Port Franks Marina and Christine's
Grand Bend - Grand Bend Marina

I launch at Port Franks Marina as I live here, and I like it better than Christine's, although with the water level lower now and no docks along the ramp, it was a bit sketchy.

Grand Bend is by far the best launch around but its a long haul over to KP.
Christine's is free, but there is no parking...
R & R is the closest, just not for me.

@vmuravin there are 4 spots locally,
Kettle Point - R & R Marina
Port Franks - Port Franks Marina and Christine's
Grand Bend - Grand Bend Marina

I launch at Port Franks Marina as I live here, and I like it better than Christine's, although with the water level lower now and no docks along the ramp, it was a bit sketchy.

Grand Bend is by far the best launch around but its a long haul over to KP.
Christine's is free, but there is no parking...
R & R is the closest, just not for me.
@rastam4n Thanks for the update for the boat ramps in that area,but it’s too bad to read about the lower water levels at Port Franks Marina & likely everywhere around there as well at the boat ramps. I am hoping to be fishing the Bluewater Anglers Club Salmon Derby,(if it hasn’t been cancelled,due to the 28 day lockdown),again this year,and here’s hoping that myself and others will be able to find a boat ramp somewhere that is safe and not “sketchy” to launch our boat’s from,anywhere from Grand Bend to Point Edward along Lake Huron. Tight Lines & Fish ON!! Hopefully to All!! 🚤🎣🐟👍😎

@Red Hering I hear the derby will likely be postponed by a week. No official word yet.
Thanks @rastam4n for the update. I was hoping to attend the April 13/21 Bluewater Anglers Club Members meeting that day to find out more about the upcoming Bluewater Anglers Club Salmon Derby,and other topic’s at the meeting that day,but it was cancelled over a week ago,(before this latest 28 day lockdown). If I hear any updates,(through the Bluewater Anglers Club),about the Salmon Derby,I will let you and others know. Meanwhile,I will still keep on sharpening those Salmon hooks,just in case!! lol 🤣👊🚤🎣🐟👍😎

Attachments

• D61870EB-514A-4FBD-B6E7-B743C874690A.jpeg
    D61870EB-514A-4FBD-B6E7-B743C874690A.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 3
I was out last night out of GB for an hour and a bit, they have no docks in a GB as of yet so launching was a bit of a chore. Water clarity wasnt good out there until about the 35ft mark to the NW of GB.

Thank you @rastam4n . Big H is on the list, it's challenging to get there when Big O or Big E have a good weather but I will do my best to try!

@rastam4n Thanks for the update for the boat ramps in that area,but it’s too bad to read about the lower water levels at Port Franks Marina & likely everywhere around there as well at the boat ramps. I am hoping to be fishing the Bluewater Anglers Club Salmon Derby,(if it hasn’t been cancelled,due to the 28 day lockdown),again this year,and here’s hoping that myself and others will be able to find a boat ramp somewhere that is safe and not “sketchy” to launch our boat’s from,anywhere from Grand Bend to Point Edward along Lake Huron. Tight Lines & Fish ON!! Hopefully to All!! 🚤🎣🐟👍😎
It's gotta be better than launching from the edge of the highway like we had to do at Sand Boy a couple of years ago with that really high water. :)

It's gotta be better than launching from the edge of the highway like we had to do at Sand Boy a couple of years ago with that really high water. :)
Yes & for sure @Wave Runner 👍👍 definitely better to launch during the lower water levels,than launching from the edge of the highway!! lol 🤣 Here are some photo’s from Sandboy Marina 4191F584-CC16-413C-BF18-883C9036E1A9.jpeg 4788969E-5140-4071-98BA-B33477B37391.jpeg back in June,2019 when the water level was quite high. 😱🚤🎣🐟😉👍🙂

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks