Kettle Point Fishing

ynk97

Anyone have any tips on fishing kettle point area on Lake Huron?
Just moved up here yesterday and looking to get into some fish.

boat will be out of the shop within the next two weeks but always down for shore fishing as well.

any tips would be greatly appreciated

Where are you coming out if KP or Port Franks?

kettle point specifically but I’d fish anywhere in the area
Go to the Navonics website and zoom around on the online charts. You will see some shoals and structure all over the place. Especially if you are west of the point. What are you thinking of targeting?

Go to the Navonics website and zoom around on the online charts. You will see some shoals and structure all over the place. Especially if you are west of the point. What are you thinking of targeting?
Don’t have downriggers so was hoping for pike now but smallmouth once the season opens. I’m on the east side of the point but could always launch over at KP marina and head to the west side there.
Any good bait suggestions for when I head out? I’ll only have a few weeks with my boat before bass opens.

If your targeting bass then you’ll want Texas rigs. Not sure about pike never tried on Lake Huron but I’ve heard a few people catching them inadvertently.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks