Junk Mail vs Scams ?

Old Cut LongPointer

Hi all !

We all get junk mail but have you received crap that was an out and out scam written all over it ?

Today received an envelope that looked like it was from the government but no official government logos or letterhead on it regarding CPP death benefits. Right off the bat I smell something fishy. Sure enough some sleaze bag insurance company is sending this bait out to people probably hoping old folks would get sucked into buying their product.

OK.... in all fairness I can't see where they broke any laws BUT they sure border it.

Please make sure anybody you know is aware that they just want to sell you a policy. I am not saying it's good or bad just making a point about their tactics.

I read online that we should just send them back their own return postage paid envelope empty ?

I've gotten that one a number of times. Yes it is very deceiving as they try to make it look like a government program. I don't know how anyone can make a living deceiving people and live with themselves, but I guess they learned it from their parents.

OCLP, reply was directed at A moose, should have been clearer. Not looking for a pisser, but parents cause/pass on mail scams? Un real.

I meant that bad parents often lead to bad kids. People without morals often weren't taught morals by their parents.

Didn't think that was a controversial idea. If that makes me the most ignorant person on 6-8 do I get a Trophy??

@stomp can you make this happen??

Okee dokee !
Can't Miss ; now you are being clearer.
As for Anonymoose's statement...… we all have our opinion and/or slant on things and as I've posted in the past I will go the distance to insure everyone has that right to their opinion and the ability to express it.
It's called free speech and a lot of people have died to make sure we have that.
Most of us don't write as a profession so we have a tendency not to express ourselves in a way that actually gets our point across. Lord knows I'm guilty of that.

Jeeze Can't Miss I thought you were an insurance guy getting miffed at my negative comment. LMAO !

Anonymoose….. your statement does have some truth to it hence the saying "fruit does not fall far from the tree" has no meaning.

In regard to your dropping junk mail in the mailbox with pre-paid postage I do that all the time. I do not think it makes much difference in the junk mail but it gives me a little satisfaction just the same.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks