Fishing Report Jan 21.Couple pike at james riggins.

SIX-GRAND

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Rented a hut instead of walking out. Water was cloudy. Visibility was about 4ft..maybe 5 if you use your good eye?.
Three 9inch perch one 6inch. A mud puppy a lgmbass. two 2 33inch pike. Was slowwww but no skunk! Both pike came off tip-up baited with dead jumbo creek chub. Fish seemed to favor the bait hanging nose downward but not strait down. Rigged the bait upright,upside down,nose up,flat. No hits. 2/3. All hits came on nose down bait. Hut was in a least 7fow. Ice was clear/black. A good 6 inch thick.

Rented a hut instead of walking out. Water was cloudy. Visibility was about 4ft..maybe 5 if you use your good eye?.
Three 9inch perch one 6inch. A mud puppy a lgmbass. two 2 33inch pike. Was slowwww but no skunk! Both pike came off tip-up baited with dead jumbo creek chub. Fish seemed to favor the bait hanging nose downward but not strait down. Rigged the bait upright,upside down,nose up,flat. No hits. 2/3. All hits came on nose down bait. Hut was in a least 7fow. Ice was clear/black. A good 6 inch thick.
Thanks for the report @SIX-GRAND and like you said,no skunk!! Not too bad of a size for the pikes either,and maybe :unsure: they were spooking the perch in the area you were fishing for the lack of a good perch bite yesterday.Good luck to the rest of your ice fishing season.(y):)

Thanks for the report @SIX-GRAND and like you said,no skunk!! Not too bad of a size for the pikes either,and maybe :unsure: they were spooking the perch in the area you were fishing for the lack of a good perch bite yesterday.Good luck to the rest of your ice fishing season.(y):)
?...Possibly. i had 2 tip-ups going. 1st wS 100ft from hut and the other 100ft from that. Jimmy didn't have his huts strait out as he wanted. Said the ice was a little "sketchy" when he pulled them out on Sunday. The huts Where off to the right of his loading spot on the ice. I believe he was moving them to out front of landing as of Monday evening. He said the ice was looking much better then it did Sunday.
Fished st. Williams today. 25 perch 4 pike,kept 3. All from under the hut today. Only 1 hit on tip-up today. Set the flag off, peeling line out then it just dropped it.?. 2/5 oz Little Cleo in blue/chrome & gold/red tipped with minnow caught the perch and pike.

?...Possibly. i had 2 tip-ups going. 1st wS 100ft from hut and the other 100ft from that. Jimmy didn't have his huts strait out as he wanted. Said the ice was a little "sketchy" when he pulled them out on Sunday. The huts Where off to the right of his loading spot on the ice. I believe he was moving them to out front of landing as of Monday evening. He said the ice was looking much better then it did Sunday.
Fished st. Williams today. 25 perch 4 pike,kept 3. All from under the hut today. Only 1 hit on tip-up today. Set the flag off, peeling line out then it just dropped it.?. 2/5 oz Little Cleo in blue/chrome & gold/red tipped with minnow caught the perch and pike.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks