It's ice fishing time now... but fishing the "D" is not too far away..

That's one area I have not ever fished or never fished that far in western ont.
That has to go on my bucket list !
Thanks for sharing @stomp

LMAO I literally just finished spooling up 3 stradics and a sustain with fireline, and cleaned out the jig box and was about too start tieing up stinger hooks! Hurry up April!!!!K

I don't think you'd be too popular with the locals if you hit your anchor lock there either.....if there's a crowd you'd be run over or attacked or worse!

Save me some Walleye’s Guy’s!! LOL I will wait for them at my usual spot around the Delaware area casting for the Walleye’s from the Thames Riverbank.A Photo of myself with a Walleye from last March,2017.Be Safe,& Tight Lines,& Walleye’s ON!! ???? 726D620E-73C2-4034-AE1B-B8B1F4B871BE.jpeg

@fishin fool, there used to be a guy that was really good, but taking guys like me out drove him out of the business. Check with @Blastr ... he likes to get jiggy with it..

Spring on the D is one of my fav fishing times. The sheer # of fish in the system is incredible...although Ive had days that I swear they had all disappeared! Its a big big area to fish and there are definitely areas that are more productive than others..depending on water clarity, temp, time of year, etc. Boat control is crucial, so a properly rigged outfit with a good bow electric is almost mandatory...as is knowing how to use it. The drifts can be tricky. I really recommend going with someone experienced for the 1st time, and a guided day with an outfitter is the way to go. You will NOT be disappointed and you really do have the chance for a fish of a lifetime. With summer walleye in Erie occasionally reaching the 15lb bracket, a spring fish full of eggs could potentially sneak up to that Canadian record weight...???

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks