Its home...

DaveJ

No ice fishing this year...might as well concentrate on open water coming soon....
So, the boat is home, delivered to Michigan by a small transport company. Through customs with no hassles as its from a dealership with all the paperwork done.
Absolutely spotless...super low hrs, dealer maintained, literally owned by an old couple who just didnt use it. Hard docked its entire life...so no corrosion, no marks, no scuffs/dock rash...even the cooler is pristine. New canvas, cushions still in original plastic. New Lowrance 7 TS..on and on. Just need some new downriggers and gas...so bring on the walleye!

Attachments

• trophyhome1.jpg
    trophyhome1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 354
  • trophyhome2.jpg
    trophyhome2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 352
  • trophyhome3.jpg
    trophyhome3.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 348
  • trophyhome4.jpg
    trophyhome4.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 339
Nice rig you got there. Since it was owned by an old couple who never used it, you might just be the first to break in the stabbin' cabin (y)

That's it!! You have the I/O..what engine? Where did you get the arch?

It has the 4.3 merc. I picked it up used 2 years ago in MTL. The arch was on the boat when I got it. The paint was a little rough but got it waxed and looked new again.

Attachments

• 20190417_161118.jpg
    20190417_161118.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 73
It has the 4.3 merc. I picked it up used 2 years ago in MTL. The arch was on the boat when I got it. The paint was a little rough but got it waxed and looked new again.
Nice. I looked at a couple 1952s with the 4.3 but this 2002 came up at it was so clean I went the bigger boat. It has the 150 ..Id rather the 175 but apparently it works well on this.
A friend had one and loved it. I wanted a better ride than my Lund Alaskan..which was a great boat but on Erie even with a 3' chop it was rough. Not a deep enough V hull and the gunwales only came up way below your knees so it became a bit of a safety issue. These boats are big and beamy. Not a real Detroit River boat but Ill charter or hook up with friends to do that in a smaller boat.

Congrats on the new boat.

I have to admit it, I AM envious of those who have their boats at home. Mine is buried in storage and there is so much I want to do to it before this coming season.

No ice fishing this year...might as well concentrate on open water coming soon....
So, the boat is home, delivered to Michigan by a small transport company. Through customs with no hassles as its from a dealership with all the paperwork done.
Absolutely spotless...super low hrs, dealer maintained, literally owned by an old couple who just didnt use it. Hard docked its entire life...so no corrosion, no marks, no scuffs/dock rash...even the cooler is pristine. New canvas, cushions still in original plastic. New Lowrance 7 TS..on and on. Just need some new downriggers and gas...so bring on the walleye!
Great looking boat.Im just wondering how tall is it and to be able to still get it in your garage

The boat on the trailer is just over 9 feet. The trailer tires are 14" and it's a bunk so that helps. I had about 2" clearance getting it in and had to use a drop hitch. The trailer has a swing tongue so the front 2 feet swings to the side giving me just enough room to close the shop door
I won't store it in the shop next year but right now it gives me the opportunity to install some equipment like riggers rod holders etc.in a heated shop.....and sit in it and dream about the summer!!!

@DaveJ I'm not into ice, so soft water season can't come soon enough for this guy either.

Envious of everyone with their boats at home. I have so much I want to do to mine before this coming season. LOL

Congrats on the new boat, enjoy. ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks