Itching to get going....

That right there is my dream rig. If you ever sell, don't tell me. I couldn't afford it.

The trailer isn't in my budget. How would that Ranger fair in 5 foot white caps, running or trolling?

looks like somebody's heading to bay of quinte, I'll wait till Monday when the crowds gone...:D

I've been in 3plus waves so far and these boats are remarkable.... I had a 1950 sst Crestliner and there wasn't too much within reason I'd shy away from... This boat however, until you ride/ fish in one, you just can't appreciate enough what they are capable of....

I've been in 3plus waves so far and these boats are remarkable.... I had a 1950 sst Crestliner and there wasn't too much within reason I'd shy away from... This boat however, until you ride/ fish in one, you just can't appreciate enough what they are capable of....

I remember seeing a scene from a Walleye tourney where a Ranger was flying across 4 footers. When I say flying it is to mean airborne, in the air, not touching Earth, off the ground. Once and a while part of the boat hit the top of a wave, to me that's flying not boating. I'll tell you one thing it was impressive. I know I would have to be wheeled into surgery if I do that. I have been in a Ranger on Lake Erie skipping across the waves and said then, and that was 3 herniated L discs ago, I will never do that again. For anyone that has never had the experience of riding a bike down the highway without a face shield doing 70 in a Ranger is as close as you can get to doing 100 MPH on a Harley. I've had the pleasure of flying down Lake St. Claire in a twin engine Pete Fountain 1400 HP offshore beauty. At least I had a 5 way seat restraint and a helmet on. Sorry @Envy1 fishing from a few pieces of plywood with 300 angry horses strapped on the back ain't for the weak of heart or me. Would one of the things it's capable of is reaching the stratosphere if you hit a rock?

I guess What's the Point, this is the point in the conversation where I'd say that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.... Just so you know, my boat does have 300 ponies but despite what people would tend to think.... My boat will only do 60mph... The ranger 621 is not near what it's cousins in the bass boat family are... It is a multi species boat and they prove themselves time and time again... I'm also equipped with "Smooth Move" pedestal seat mounts that take any shock out of the rough water pound that you may encounter.... I didn't buy my Ranger to do 70 mph across rough water, I bought my Ranger to be able to stay longer on the water, and enjoy the fish ability the 621 offers... My back problems have thanked me for the decision I've made to switch to a glass boat and I can say as of right now, absolutely no regrets..... Oh and btw..... There is no plywood in my boat...

Please don't take it the wrong way that is one beautiful boat. Like I said earlier the trailer alone is not in my beer budget. The plywood comment is something I heard years ago. Down south they call a Ranger "plywood with 300 angry horses strapped to the back. " I fished out of a 21' Stratos I think it was this past fall, one of those boats from the corp. that bought Ranger this year, on Nippising and although not a Ranger rode like a dream in heavy winds. I've always said I don't use smiley faces or acronyms, if I say something stupid I may be being trying to be funny or just saying something stupid. I apologize if you took the plywood comment to heart. I was conveying my only experience in a Bass boat which I always thought all Rangers were until I saw them in a Walleye tournament. It is one beauty of a ride you have and am sure you are proud of it, you should be. There are many a day I wished I had my boat but in fibreglass not aluminum when the bow acts like a sail and that Erie wind wants to spin me in a 360.

I'm glad to hear you don't pilot that Ranger like the kid that took me out for a ride in his in Bass boat.

Last edited:
You're right @whats the point I did take it the wrong way, lol! Everyone has the preference.... And I also know that everyone has a budget to work within their means... I wish they could just make an aluminum boat ride like a glass boat... It would give these boats way less leverage and maybe they wouldn't be so much $$$$$.... I guess I'm just a little antsy to get on the water so I too will apologize for my quick and perhaps snappy response... Seems like you're always trying to prove this boat and I don't know why I let it get to me... The very first time I had it out to see if everything was running right, there was a gentleman in an older 16' that basically told me I was nuts for even considering that a walleye boat....I looked back at him and simply said, guess that's for me to find out, we'll see you on the water....

If I ever get this #$@%&^%%&* boat in the water we are going to head to Ontario first. At the rate I'm going getting interrupted by goofy stuff like redecorating the kitchen, over seeding and fertilizing, doing a much needed plumbing upgrade, getting a machine in and repairing the break wall, getting more stone in the driveway, and, and, and working on other people boats I might get it wet before summer.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks