It’s Wednesday... flyer preview day

Mrs. Stomp

Staff member
On Wednesday, the preview of the flyers are available on the Flipp app. Every Wed morning, I grab my coffee and my phone to plan out what I’m buying this week. It may not be as exciting for you as it is for me… but this is what this retired wife-of-fishermen does for fun. Here are a few goodies that are on the docket for this week’s shopping – meaning I go to Superstore or NoFrills and get everything by price matching. Sometimes price matching meat is not so easy and I go to the store having the sale for those items.

No Frills
  • Lean ground beef – 2.88 / lb
  • Royal Gala apples - .67 / lb
  • TruTaste milk – 3.97 / bag
  • PC cheesecake – 3.97 for Optimum Members/otherwise 7.97 (*)
Superstore
  • Lactancia butter – 2.88 for Optimum Members/otherwise 3.28 (*)
  • Bone-in chicken drumsticks and thighs – 1.98 for Optimum Members/otherwise 2.98 (*)
  • ED Smith canned pumpkin – 2.98
Foodland
  • Tostitos Tortilla Chips - 4/$10 (for nachos!)
Sobeys
  • Eggs – 1.97/dozen
  • Breton crackers – 1.88 (their gluten free types are good if you have any GF diets in your world or just like to eat GF)
Valu-Mart
  • Boneless pork loin – 1.99 / lb
  • PC Blue Menu boneless chicken thighs/breasts – 4.99 / lb
Food Basics
  • Grapes - .98 / lb
  • Kiwi (6) or Blackberries or Pineapple – 1.88
(*) PC Optimum Membership is free. We pay for the yearly PC Optimum Insiders Subscription ($119). I buy a lot of groceries and home supplies at No Frills, Superstore, Loblaws, ValuMart and Shoppers Drug Mart (SDM only when on sale). I would typically never pay for these types of memberships, but for our current consumption, the PC Optimum Insiders Subscription paid for itself in less than 4 months! The value I get from the Insiders Membership is from 10% off all PC products (I buy a lot of Blue Menu Chicken) and other special offers on food items. There are some other things you get that I don't use such as discounts on Joe Fresh, free grocery pickup. If you're interested in the PC Insiders Subscription, let me know – since I’m a member, if you apply through my referral you would receive a bonus of $25 in points (and I would get $10 in points). I’m not trying to sell this – I’m sharing this because it works for our spend right now.

Thank you for this, I "cherry pick" shop too! I forget to check out the superstore flyer. That butter price is excellent, and butter freezes really well, stocked up for gobble gobble day and Christmas

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks