Is old Akers propery being used for ice fishing.?

Huron

Just for clarification is the old Akers property (entrance ofcardiac hill) in use and is Collins marina at 274 front st is offering ice fishing now? These are two different locations aren't they. Not familiar enough with the surrounding area other than Bayfield Ice Fishing and Woodwards down at the end of townline road. Can someone give this okd koot some direction. Am I looking at google maps correcty? Thanks, Huron.

I do not think Ackers was ever at the bottom of Cardiac Hill in St Williams. Akers ( Noe Collins is just outside of Port Rowan). It was a apple orchard prior to John making it into a trailer park if my memory is still okay.

I was about 12 when Johnny aker bought the land from my dads friend , and he dug the channel a year before opening , me and a few friends were allowed to fish his new channel opening day of bass fishing we had our limit caught and cleaned before our parents got back in the boat , that summer was one I’ll never forget , we camped down there and had the place to ourselves, the following year it was all over , and now Johnny aker is gone and it’s now collins harbour , booths harbour has also just sold , rumour has it the same person bought fin and feather

I was about 12 when Johnny aker bought the land from my dads friend , and he dug the channel a year before opening , me and a few friends were allowed to fish his new channel opening day of bass fishing we had our limit caught and cleaned before our parents got back in the boat , that summer was one I’ll never forget , we camped down there and had the place to ourselves, the following year it was all over , and now Johnny aker is gone and it’s now collins harbour , booths harbour has also just sold , rumour has it the same person bought fin and feather
I heard booths sold was wondering who bought it seems like no one knows anything about it. You say they also bought fin and feathers? I wonder if they will change much.

That’s the rumour I heard , not sure it’s true though , my uncle and grandmother both live in booths and they don’t even know who bought it

Just to reafirm what I was referring to location wise This sign partway along Cardiac hill is the roadway entrance that leads to the old Aker property which is by itself and not actually part of collins marina which sits by itself . Correct me if I'm wrong. My wife said that I have made mistakes before. LOL! Thanks Huron. ackers sign .JPG
I do not think Akers was ever at the bottom of Cardiac Hill in St Williams. Akers ( Noe Collins is just outside of Port Rowan). It was a apple orchard prior to John making it into a trailer park if my memory is still okay.

That’s the rumour I heard , not sure it’s true though , my uncle and grandmother both live in booths and they don’t even know who bought it
Ok I live here also and nothing mentioned still pay our water bill the same as nothing has been mentioned about any changes with Booths water utilities either. Thanks

Just to reafirm what I was referring to location wise This sign partway along Cardiac hill is the roadway entrance that leads to the old Aker property which is by itself and not actually part of collins marina which sits by itself . Correct me if I'm wrong. My wife said that I have made mistakes before. LOL! Thanks Huron. View attachment 53431
I remember those signs. They were at the bottom of the hill outside of Port Rowan on Front road. I could be mistaken but think everyone calls the hill leading down to St.Williams waterfront Cardia hill.

1643033013771.png

@Huron how old is that picture 😂. That picture you posted is at 274 front road which was shady akers and now is Collins Harbour , which is far away from cardiac hill

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks