Inner bay

deenhil

My son and I are hoping to fish thr Inner Bay for bass. I have not been out on Erie fishing for 50 years. Can anyone help with best directions from Turkey Point? IE: GPS way points?
Many thanks.

Look at the top of the page and you will see a link to "Map". Click on it and you should see a map of the Bay area. On the right side you will see a number of saved points named. Click on EC10 and it will give you the coordinates on the map. Write those down and you have a good place to start.

Paul

The flats inside pottahawk and the millionaires have been producing limits for a good week just look for a dark bottom in 7 ft of water or so

Does the MAP function work ? I get a comment need API key and the MAP is not compatible with my browser . I am using the latest Internet Exporer.
help

quote:
Originally posted by keeper

Does the MAP function work ? I get a comment need API key and the MAP is not compatible with my browser . I am using the latest Internet Exporer.
help

That latest version of Internet Explorer is a PITA. I ended up using Firefox because I couldn't access some of the stuff I need to get onto without running a bunch of patches. The map works fine on my laptop with an older version of IE and also on Firefox.

Make sure you click on the word "satellite" and you will be able to see the sandbars that run between Pottahawk and Turkey Point. Don't try to cross them. They are very shallow. Use the channel. It is clearly marked and will take you right to EC10. (It is the big white steel structure that has the navigation light on it.)

You can also see the tip of Bluff Bar marked on the page. You will see lots of fishing reports from there. Again, beware of the sandbar. It is easy to see if you remember it is there. 8D It seems lots of folks forget every year.

Millionaires is shown on the map as "The Cottages".

Pottahawk is shown as "Ryersons Island". I believe it is actually Pottahawk Point that has the long sandbar off of it.

Paul

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks