Inner Bay Smallmouth

Zeeter

The first week of bass season we did very well for LPB smallmouth. Excellent sizes and good numbers. Dragging tubes worked the best, but also jerkbaits in the morning and crankbaits in the evening. I ve been away for a week up north. Does anyone know the water temperature in the bay and if smallmouth are still being caught? Thanks.

sorry I cannot help you to much ,I did get out in the bay one morning and we got a few small mouth bass nothing to write home about ,But there are just to many gaint perch to catch right now to even think about going back to the innerbay right now ,,Dutch

The first week of bass season we did very well for LPB smallmouth. Excellent sizes and good numbers. Dragging tubes worked the best, but also jerkbaits in the morning and crankbaits in the evening. I ve been away for a week up north. Does anyone know the water temperature in the bay and if smallmouth are still being caught? Thanks.

Depends what time of day. I agree with @fishbone2 it has been slow the past few days. I had some good luck with bass and pike very early Saturday morning. The rest of the day was slow --- again, at least for me. There were many many of boats out they may have been more lucky.

Got out with @greenwing on July 13 out of Sandboy... great service and all the bass we wanted to catch (and that was a lot) on the North Shore in the Outer Bay. Wind shifted earlier in the afternoon and really turned the smallie bite on. Our group is already planning next year's trip!!(y) Biggest fish was 19 1/4". Thanks to the folks at Sandboy for the great time!

There were a couple of other party boats working the north and south channels yesterday. Sounded like a few smallmouth were caught there. My recommendation would be to head to the Outer Bay.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks