Off Topic Identify Local Snake??

That is a rat snake. We are polluted with them here in West Virginia. Harmless and highly beneficial. They eat other snakes including copperheads that we have here. Climb trees frequently as well. They can get very large. We have one that hangs out under our deck at the hunting camp that is easily 72” plus.

That is a rat snake. We are polluted with them here in West Virginia. Harmless and highly beneficial. They eat other snakes including copperheads that we have here. Climb trees frequently as well. They can get very large. We have one that hangs out under our deck at the hunting camp that is easily 72” plus.
Eats snakes? Awesome

Thanks Elmerfudd, I agree with you that it is in fact a rat snake. Yes, great climbers. This pic was taken locally in the trees. Glad it wasn't me who took the pic. lol

Attachments

• IMG_6556.JPG
    IMG_6556.JPG
    208.4 KB · Views: 43
Greetings, just curious as to what type of snake this is? I believe it could be a Grey Ratsnake, but obviously not certain. My son and I came across it on the trail near the fish hatchery in Turkey Point. The grey ratsnake is endangered, but can be spotted in the area.

Thank youView attachment 23245

My Better Half was raised in St Williams.

She says they had large snakes like this in town when she was a kid, they called them " Wompers "

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks