ice/water conditions

Bucketsoff

Are the channels around old cut open yet? How about boat launches?
Any icebergs left?

I don't know when YOU arrived in this great country, but there was solid ice in the Marina Cuts last weekend. Most small inland lakes still boast quite a bit of ice if there is no current or wind action. Out in the big lake, which breaks up first, there was a ton of floating ice ready to rip up your hull or lower end on Monday.
So I'll ask anyone who is local to the bay and KNOWNS ANYTHING, how's it looking today?

There was a post either today or yesterday, saying sandboy was open, and the inner bay fairly ice free. Hope that helps

Listen. I had a specific question based on some recent information I had. I am also interested in whether or not there is floating ice in the bay. I don't generally launch at Sandbouy, in fact the only launches I am familiar with are Provincial and Old Cut on the point side. One Marina posting that they are good to go doesn't exclude the possibility that there is existing ice near shore, or off shore, in other areas.
Seriously, now that there is open water, go out and fish. I am tired of winternet and the arseholes that it brings with it. I don't need the boards to tell me where to fish, how deep, what colour and how to wipe in order to catch 'em. The hassle one gets just isn't worth it anymore.
See ya on the water.
/

Wow, certainly the long winter took it's toll. We should order an early spring next year or there will be no fishing sites left. Cool down boys, it will warm up soon!

he in a coma or just arrive in Canada lol

Wow 18 posts in 8 years, isn't there something more positive you could add?
It's been a long winter and we all need to play in the same sandbox for
a few more weeks. Lets get along.

lake is open here in PT STANLEY,but the wind blew in a nice big ice field last night:censored::eek:tugs r fishing now,but a while longer for us,little guy,s:(

bucketsoff why post at all if u know it all , we are just trying to help with some info nut u don't need help by the sounds of it good luck on the water be safe (y)

Must agree with Packrat.... Hope you do daily reports for us again this year.... Makes the hour drive worth it knowing we can get out

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks