Ice thickness

bowtech

Anyone who has ventured out of St. Williams, what was the thickness of the ice?

I saw 4 pop up huts out, about 10 vehicles parked at the bottom of the hill. both minnow shacks are open.
I didn't see any vehicles on the ice, just walk outs

I just recently talked to jimmy riggin about 1 hour ago,and if anyone needs minnow’s,he will be open at 7 a.m. everyday,and he also told me that he is putting out his rental huts,off the old cut this sunday.Good luck to all,& Tight Lines!! (y):cool:

I saw 4 pop up huts out, about 10 vehicles parked at the bottom of the hill. both minnow shacks are open.
I didn't see any vehicles on the ice, just walk outs
Excellent news & thanks @skippy!! But I will personally wait till through the middle of next week,(I don’t like the weekend crowd),to try my luck.Good luck to you and others if you get out this weekend.(y):cool:

Last edited:
Excellent news & thanks @skippy!! But I will personally wait till through the middle of next week,(I don’t like the weekend crowd),to try my luck.Good luck to you and others if you get out this weekend.(y):cool:
Heading home in the AM looks like my only day to get out next week is Tues @red Hering if your interested thinking the old cut.

Okay so just got home.
12 nice eatters, bite was steady, lost a bunch of nice ones too. There was hot periods then the gators would come threw had 4 to hole.
I measured 5.75” 1.1km out..
There where two guys out on quads that went out passed me actually. They parked within 15’ of each other for a couple hours.
One quad had two riders and a sled behind.
They drove by 100’ away ice popped and crack but didn’t sound horrible.
They did bust the shore line up pretty bad though 10’ of more so might need a board to get across in AM.

Attachments

• 9E1BCF2F-A3E7-4F4F-AA12-C746C0D45FA7.jpeg
    9E1BCF2F-A3E7-4F4F-AA12-C746C0D45FA7.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks