Ice taxi

The thing that didn't make a whole lot of sense to me is the boat launch and parking two months ago for four people was $20, but bring the same truck same people but no boat now is $40.

Parking should be $20 flat OR $10/pp with the ice taxi.
@Wildfire , I would argue that the price for parking should be whatever the owner says it should be. Pricing is dictated by supply and demand. 2 months ago, there was a lot less demand for a parking spot than there is now.

was at collins harbour yesterday best ice access i've had anywhere including lake simcoe cooksbay and quinte.the guy is very congenial and helpfull.good scoop of healthy minnows.
That's for sure, the guys on lake Simcoe would be happy to pay these prices with the current parking situation up there and lots of other places have very limited ice access whether there's parking or not. The ice taxi is just a bonus.

Last edited:
@Collins Harbour is the only ice outfitter that is sponsoring 6-8. At my age, parking close without having to haul shit up and down the hill and a ride out to the bay and back is worth a 10 spot. If you don't like the pricing, there are other options to consider.
Your age,is it 68? @stomp ? 🤔 Just wondering & also asking for a friend. 😝 lol 😝 👊👊 $10 is definitely worth it all the way!! 👍👍🙂

Last edited:
was at collins harbour yesterday best ice access i've had anywhere including lake simcoe cooksbay and quinte.the guy is very congenial and helpfull.good scoop of healthy minnows.
Just curious how the ice taxi works

Am I able to put my sleigh ( with gear) on or in it ?
Or could they tow it if brought my hitch ??

I just want yo be portable and able too move once dropped off at designated spot

Just curious how the ice taxi works

Am I able to put my sleigh ( with gear) on or in it ?
Or could they tow it if brought my hitch ??

I just want yo be portable and able too move once dropped off at designated spot
I have been wondering the exact same thing and waiting to see how their taxi is going to work before heading down. Sounds like a good deal but if I can't get my gear out then it isn't so great, and I don't have a solid tow bar on my sled so they can't pull it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks