ICE REPORT

Jimmy Riggin

Jimmy ventured out on the ice today. Boy was he happy when he got back! He walked out 3/4 of a mile drilled 4 holes along the way. The least amount of ice he saw was just out of the channel 4 1/2 inches. The other three were all at the 6 inch mark. The ice is nice and clear, great news for the season ahead! We will be putting huts out for the weekend!

Remember to play safe out there! We just post what we see, ice safety depends on the individual and the decisions they make. See you on the Bay!

We post frequently on facebook as it's a quick way to put up photos. Our website also has the latest ice report on the home page www.rottenronnies.ca any big changes we will post on 68 as well.

Rotten Ronnie's Perch Ice Fishing Derby will be on Sunday, February the 17th, 2013!

JimmyRiggin-1-1-1-1.jpg

Jimmy Carroll
Jimmy Riggin' Fishing Charters
www.jimmyriggin.com
info@jimmyriggin.com

Our other 6-8 sponsoring ice fishing outfitter, Granger's, will likely report as they begin operations. It's great to have our sponsors reporting from the ice.

Almost has me re-thinking my plans to head north this weekend. How is the parking at Old Cut for ice fishing? I've only headed out on the St Willy's side.

Cheers

There is no parking now on the west side of Old Cut (the side where the boat houses are). My son is out right now fishing on 6 inches at Port Rowan.We also drove to St Williams earlier today. There was some open water but I imagine that will freeze over tonight.

And Bay Side Ice Fishing has also fired up their ad, so I'm guessing they're getting close too.

Glad to here the ice is forming. It will be a while until I head out there however. I saw a lot of open water on the bay less than a week ago (north side). My guess is that some of the ice sheets that did not get blown out of the bay are the areas with the 6 inches. Let's hope this cold weather stay's.
Keep er safe

Fisher-Price

This is great news and a long time coming!! Now the hard decision, yote hunting or ice fishing this wkend Lol:D

In past years, there have been reports of coyotes out on the Long Point ice... now the guys fishing around you might get concerned if you combined the 2 activities :D.

quote:
Originally posted by stomp

In past years, there have been reports of coyotes out on the Long Point ice... now the guys fishing around you might get concerned if you combined the 2 activities :D.

Lol...ya I don't think people would like that idea too much stomp, although it would be a great trip to combine fishing and hunting all in one!:p

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks