Ice Fishing Walleye? Lake Erie

ak123

Hi, new to the area...ice fishing around any of the port piers, Long Point or Rondeau Bay, as far as the safe ice will take me, has anyone ever pulled walleye out of their holes? Thanks

Best bet in the for the Canadian side of the lake is west of Pelee if we get enough cold. Either way, you'll be fishing pack ice. Theres a couple rivers that are a much better bet. The central basin piers are a waste of time.

Josh

Best bet in the for the Canadian side of the lake is west of Pelee if we get enough cold. Either way, you'll be fishing pack ice. Theres a couple rivers that are a much better bet. The central basin piers are a waste of time.

Josh
Thanks Josh, which rivers would you recommend? I'd even take a drive to St. Clair area.

Thames river near Chatham can be good. Went years ago near Prairie Siding and did really well!

Your best bet is the Thames River generally west of Chatham..the Prairie Siding area is very popular. The river gets loaded up with walleye heading upstream to spawn. You can check Bass Havens website forum for reports and ice conditions. You have to be super careful on the thames..ice consistency is all over the place and there is current. ALWAYS use a spud. You can drive along the river and see where people are fishing and getting access. The walleye are usually on the move so one day can be fast and furious, the next zero....but its an incredible fishery

yah on February 29th only
@Derkd9 the walleye’s & rainbow’s won’t be biting for you this saturday January 29th,when you will be renting a ice hut off St.Williams with a buddy of yours?? 🤔 I think 🤔 that you have your month of the 29th mixed up,but either way,tight lines & walleye’s & rainbow’s hopefully 🤞🤞 on for the both of you this saturday January 29th. Myself & likely other’s are looking forward to some walleye & rainbow photo’s. 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂

Attachments

• 0FE88A3F-0100-48BD-BAD9-F8D1044177A6.jpeg
    0FE88A3F-0100-48BD-BAD9-F8D1044177A6.jpeg
    507.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 2A99BC58-4B4C-4215-8CC3-4D7EB8F63A71.jpeg
    2A99BC58-4B4C-4215-8CC3-4D7EB8F63A71.jpeg
    682.8 KB · Views: 28
@Derkd9 the walleye’s & rainbow’s won’t be biting for you this saturday January 29th,when you will be renting a ice hut off St.Williams with a buddy of yours?? 🤔 I think 🤔 that you have your month of the 29th mixed up,but either way,tight lines & walleye’s & rainbow’s hopefully 🤞🤞 on for the both of you this saturday January 29th. Myself & likely other’s are looking forward to some walleye & rainbow photo’s. 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂
hahaha we will be after the pike and perch! ill be sure to share photos of all the fish we catch.. if by chance we catch a rainbow or a walleye that will be exciting but doesn't mean next time I ice fish Long Point inner bay that I will be targeting them lol

hahaha we will be after the pike and perch! ill be sure to share photos of all the fish we catch.. if by chance we catch a rainbow or a walleye that will be exciting but doesn't mean next time I ice fish Long Point inner bay that I will be targeting them lol
Tight lines @Derkd9 to you and your buddy this saturday,January 29th. Here’s hoping 🤞 🤞 that the perch & pike’s are hungry & a good eating 🐟🐟🐟🐟 😋 size 🍽, for you both!! 🎣🐟🐟😉👍😎

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks